Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 03:01 PM

Default Re: This kinda pissed me off

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They have already profited from my initial purchase a few days ago, why do they need to make more money off the same purchase?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not if you return it to them. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's in direct exchange for another game, which I explained in the OP that it is, they are losing nothing.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OP,

I really don't get why you think a store would ever do what you're suggesting (letting you return a game for a small fee). People would abuse a policy like that tremendously.

Also, the 30-day return law is total [censored]. Return policies vary by stores, and states can't govern these policies.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how it would be abused if the policy stated something like "returns must be less than a week old and the game must be in perfect condition. The customer must also pay a $5 fee." How exactly is a policy like that going to be abused?

[/ QUOTE ] So you think they should offer people to rent the game for $5/week? Like I said, might be an awesome business plan. You should try it out.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If it's in direct exchange for another game, which I explained in the OP that it is, they are losing nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

They lose part of the value of the original game. They can no longer sell the item you returned as a new item because it's been used.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You're totally right. My bad.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:08 PM

Some stores like this offer a "If you can beat the game in so many days" you can return it for cost or an equal return.

Video game sales are like the book sales in college. You never get what you want and you never get as much as they'll sell it to someone else for.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They lose part of the value of the original game. They can no longer sell the item you returned as a new item because it's been used.

[/ QUOTE ] Not to mention there would be no chance you'd actually buy the other game. Now there is no chance you buy any game from them of course, because you have a sandy vagina, but they couldn't know that.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are you serious? They run a business. They buy video games from you for $20 and resell them for $55. What is upsetting to you about this? If you think this is so outragous, why don't you start your own business where you buy video games from kids for $50 and resell them for $55? No flaw in that plan, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

So if I have a problem with their policy I should start my own company or STFU? That sounds completely logical, sir. Do go on.

They have already profited from my initial purchase a few days ago, why do they need to make more money off the same purchase? Also, does making your customers happy not count for anything? If I decide to not buy games at all from them anymore, that's hundreds of dollars a year of my money that is going to a rival business. So even from a pure profit standpoint, it makes sense to do what they can within reason to make me happy so that I continue to give them my business. There are so many game stores around and the only thing seperating any of them is customer service. What I asked for was not crazy or unreasonable at all, anyways.

[/ QUOTE ] Ok. You're right. I can't tell you what should piss you off. Stop shopping there sounds like a brilliant idea. Good luck finding a store that lets you return opened video games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if every other store does the same thing, you don't think making an exception to the rule to please a customer that won't even lose the store money in a vacuum is a good idea?

[ QUOTE ]
So you think they should offer people to rent the game for $5/week? Like I said, might be an awesome business plan. You should try it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

So they should instead have a policy that f*cks everybody over because a few people decide to abuse it? Hey, I heard some people abuse car insurance policies, let's get rid of those, too! What are you in seventh grade?
Old 11-02-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They'd lose $5-$10 at most, which if you read the OP would realize I already addressed this, saying I'd be more than happy to pay a small fee so that they wouldn't lose money on my behalf.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:18 PM

The bottom line is you're an idiot. You made the mistake buying the wrong game, you opened it up, and now you're essentially trying to get them to pay you full (or nearly full) retail price for a used game that they'll be lucky not to take a loss on. Have some personal accountability and suck it up. It's not their job to cover your ass for you.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They'd lose $5-$10 at most, which if you read the OP would realize I already addressed this, saying I'd be more than happy to pay a small fee so that they wouldn't lose money on my behalf.

[/ QUOTE ]

But companies don't seek to engage with you so that they break even. You don't go into a deal saying "If you do this to help me out, then you'll break even. It's win-win!"