Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2007, 01:20 PM

Default Re: UFC 75

Sherdog writer in attendance scored the fight 29-28 Bisping.

I had it 29-28 Hamill but I thought the second round could have gone either way.

-P
Old 09-09-2007, 01:22 PM

bisping by backpedalbar, or multiple jabs to the forearm. I still think hamill got jobbed.

Did you see Bisping's face when they announced he won? he was in shock. Then he turns around and says 'go back to wrestling, i outboxed you'. What a classless prick, i can't wait for him to fight anybody with talent and get raped. Even the lower tier guys like jardine, houston, forrest, tito, rashad would all murder him. God help him if they actually give hiim chuck, wandy, shogun, dan, etc.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:49 PM

I was in London for the fight and scored it 29-28 for Hamill. I was pretty vocally supporting Bisping throughout, but honestly thought that his flurry at the end of the third round was the only chance of winning. Had already written a text message to MMAjunkie saying 'Hamill wins by decision' and waiting for the exact scores. Everyone sitting around me went insane when the decision was announced - people were talking about how it had ruined their night!!

Went 3-3 for exact break even on the night. Should've followed P's picks, heh. Davis, Liaudin and Alexander came through - and Drawl, Henderson and Etim didn't. Best fight of the night for me was Davis/Taylor - superb.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:51 PM

Davis Taylor was amazing, agreed. Thought it was awesome that the 'irish hand grenade' beat an english guy. ahahaha. mad props to davis, impressed me a lot and looks like he has a future. good ground game + pro boxing experience = dangerous fighter.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:02 PM

Davis was amazing for sure - although Taylor really impressed me as well. Yves Lavigne was a split second away from stopping that fight in Taylor's favour at one point.

Liaudin also looked great on the undercard.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are reports that Cro Cop broke a rib during the first round. May explain his poor 2nd and 3rd round performance.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you happen to have any links to sources..I'm rewatching the fight and trying to spot where it coulda happened.

Also, wowowowow did hammill get robbed.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:55 PM

Perf,

Gonna watch the fight again. I am really surprised you and the reporter at mmajunkie.com both thought it was close. I was watching w/ 5 guys and all of us thought Hamill was the clear winner, not even close. Maybe the second was closer than I thought, will pay closer attention this time.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:37 PM

Oops,

There's a ton of threads at sherdog.net that link to Croatian news sites. He most likely broke it when Kongo jacked him with some knees to the body.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:03 PM

one thing i found interesting was them having nothing to say about kongo in the clinch. my newfound expertise on kongo from DO's links tells me that's where he lives.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oops,

There's a ton of threads at sherdog.net that link to Croatian news sites. He most likely broke it when Kongo jacked him with some knees to the body.

[/ QUOTE ]

He supposedly broke it in the first round, and I certainly dont' think Mirko's one to lie. It doesn't really matter thoguh, because Kongo's the one who broke it. I beleive Mirko's style is just much less effective in a cage where you can circle all day...the corners of the ring are key for him. Regardless of what people say and what even fighers may think, I still think the ring changes the game a lot from the cage. It affects the winningness(for lack of a better/legitimate term) of some styles a ton and others not at all...and i think Mirko is the former.