Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2007, 04:41 PM

Default Re: The Well: Adanthar (1/16/07)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
after you are sure you're a significant long term winner.

[/ QUOTE ]How can a player be certain he or she is a long term winner? I see posts all the time from players who started with $50, ran it up to several thousand, and then went busto. Some of this was bad BR management, but others are clearly not good players (even I can tell). Is even a years worth of consistent within-bankroll play enough to be certain that a player is a long term winner?

[/ QUOTE ]

Short version: if you post hands here and I don't flame you, you probably don't suck [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Long version: the thing is, the long term is freaking long. On the one hand, Daniel Negreanu probably hasn't played enough lifetime hands to know he's even a winner at poker, much less the stakes he played (this is only a mild exaggerration.) On the other, he is clearly really good at poker. So, overall...I'd say when you can look at the table you're at and say "ok, this guy sucks, this guy's OK but makes bad pushes, this guy overplays top pair..." and be right, you've arrived.

Unless you're deluding yourself, in which case, umm, running hot at the right times is always good.

[ QUOTE ]
Is it wrong of me to have a hard on for Putin because he's just so incredibly cool and monstrous?

Wait until the gulags start up again (probably when his successor turns out to be evil and not just dictatorial), that should be fun.

Was Stalin good for Russia?

I could strain myself and find a "cancer killing AIDS" metaphor somewhere, but really...no

Favoutite book, film, play and band?

I always hate these because I always leave something out...I'll just say I read a lot of sci-fi/fantasy/horror, watch tons of cheesy sci-fi, too, and listen to Scandinavian black metal. Yes, I'm weird.

My best mate, the best lawyer in our year, quit Law to become a primary school teacher and is now really happy, although, to be frank, he has lost much of his mental acuity. Would you rather be a happy pig or a discontented Socrate?

If we're talking hypothetically, obviously, happy anything > discontented anything. IRL...I'd rather dump both and be a space pirate. I hear that pays well.

As you are level-headed, where do you find your 'buzz' in poker?

Level headedness only goes so far when you win $100,000 dollars in one night, man.

[/ QUOTE ]