Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2007, 03:04 PM

Default Afraid of playing

Hello.

I recently started to play Heads up sit and go's, and so far I've been quite succesfull. What is in between me and moving up to higher buy in's and building a bankroll (I'm yet to play anywhere higher than 10$), is obviously becoming a better player, but more importantly playing the game. Despite of the small amount of money at stake and a suitable roll, I find myself to be totally scared money. Or to be more precise, I'm scared of loosing.

I know this might sound a bit ridicilous, but when I play heads up, I feel that everything at the table is personal, and a single lost game can put me on mega tilt, especially if I put my moneys in at the wrong spot. This must be common, but I'm taking it so far I find it hard to make an iniative for starting a session, or get all red and sweaty (yes you heard me right, I'd be horrible in live games) as a result of a tense game. So whom else is as scared of loosing here as I am, and what do you do to counter this..(Taking therapy is not an option! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img])