Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What % of people are more polltarded than OP?
0-1% 18 62.07%
1-2% 4 13.79%
2-4% 3 10.34%
4-7% 1 3.45%
7-9% 3 10.34%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2007, 03:12 AM

Default Re: Beat: Am a freak and a very weird dude.

gobbo u need to stop reading this thread, i can safely say everyone that has met you in real life knows your a cool guy and a good person all around

but like nation said, you really need to hire a nutritionist or a physical trainer just as a start. i consider you a friend and i know you can get your weight down while still retaining the gobbo-love.

this starts with you, and by yourself this is something i am unsure you will want to do because its a tough journey on your own. but if you hire some personal trainer/nutritionist people, you know you'll have the support from your friends and the resources necessary to get yourself on the right track to a healthy life.

and note im saying healthy, not "less fat". because idgaf if someone is skinny or big, but i do care when either can potentially risk someone's health longterm. you're reaching a point where if you dont make an effort in the next 3 years, you prob wont make an effort after that imo.

so get in the right direction, por favor. danke.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:13 AM

I'd like everyone to think about your deepest insecurity, or your biggest flaw, then imagine that everyone on 2p2 not only knows about it but brings it up every time you post... How would that make you feel?...
Old 11-09-2007, 03:15 AM

clayton wins for being one of the few trying to get the message across properly, JP wins for saying what i was trying to say but was too busy multitabling to figure out the proper words in the english language to use for it.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:16 AM

triumphisright.

OOH let's give him tough love on the internet! this'll be a fun way to rip someone a new [censored] so i can feel better about myself while pretending i'm just giving tough love!

cut me a [censored] break, like gobbo doesn't already know he needs to get healthy. SIR DIDSINGTON will save the day though and his sharp insults will be just the thing to get gobbo in gear!
Old 11-09-2007, 03:17 AM

I am of the opinion that weight is a choice and, as a person who has had and recovered from significant weight issues, I feel like I am at least somewhat qualified to speak on the subject.

Unless gobbo tells me that he's been watching what he eats and exercising regularly, then I'm assuming he's choosing to remain overweight. If he was putting in significant effort and not seeing results, I would be more willing to re-consider my thoughts on whether his weight in a choice. But for now I basically assume that lowering his weight is not a high enough priority for him to take it very seriously (ie, gastric bypass, adding regular exercise, etc).

All of that being said, I don't look down on someone because they're overweight. In fact, I look up to gobbo in many ways due to his poker skills and because he's a very nice person. I've met him a number of times in person and I've always come away feeling like he's a good guy. In addition, I've been a supporter of his poker-wise for a long time dating back to his 11r days. The dude has skills.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dids i like how you try to turn this into you just being the voice of reason and stating the obvious. i distinctly remember a thread where you went after gobboboy for being fat in the most vitriolic way. after being a complete prick and acting like you were superior in any way, you later gave the excuse that you were just doing it for his own good or some crap.

the sad, pathetic fact is that you just don't run that great in real life, so when you see weakness on the internet you pounce, because it makes you feel better. everyone knew you were fat before, and then everyone knew you lost a lot of weight because you basically spammed the forums with your disgusting uncovered body. therefore, now you can make fun of fat people too! yay! i see you do it time and again. one day you will lose your virginity and then it'll be open season for you to go after some more targets to make yourself feel superior.

now go ahead and call me a simpleton, or make the classic "you pretty much proved my point there" copout, or make some other unobjective observation, o apparently objective great dids.

[/ QUOTE ]
Didn't you used to be a fat 1/2 NL player?

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL @ throwing his limit/game in there.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dids i like how you try to turn this into you just being the voice of reason and stating the obvious. i distinctly remember a thread where you went after gobboboy for being fat in the most vitriolic way. after being a complete prick and acting like you were superior in any way, you later gave the excuse that you were just doing it for his own good or some crap.

the sad, pathetic fact is that you just don't run that great in real life, so when you see weakness on the internet you pounce, because it makes you feel better. everyone knew you were fat before, and then everyone knew you lost a lot of weight because you basically spammed the forums with your disgusting uncovered body. therefore, now you can make fun of fat people too! yay! i see you do it time and again. one day you will lose your virginity and then it'll be open season for you to go after some more targets to make yourself feel superior.

now go ahead and call me a simpleton, or make the classic "you pretty much proved my point there" copout, or make some other unobjective observation, o apparently objective great dids.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't you used to be a fat 1/2 NL player?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not fat anymore, but I'm still a 200nl player...with a $150 hourly [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2007, 03:19 AM

i thought all the mods liked each other and had hudge sleepovers at which they would compare bansticks?

has a mod ever been banned then?
Old 11-09-2007, 03:25 AM

serious question i'd really like to know the answer to

what do you really think you're accomplishing attacking/"helping" gobboboy?

dids, for instance, if during your whole weight loss program, everyone who was congratulating you on your progress and motivating you in general was instead saying you're morbidly obese (in the name of helping you, obv), how would you feel exactly?

that [censored] set me back a lot when i had to do it, and if you say it wouldn't for you, you're a liar

EDIT: i realize the difference you'll probably come up with is "at least i was making the effort at the time." i don't care. this [censored] is more likely to demotivate you and then you won't do anything at all for a while except gain the weight back
Old 11-09-2007, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow this thread had such good potential for being awesome and congrats, [censored], you've [censored] all over it instead. not that there isn't some good stuff in here, or that nation's posts aren't great, but the rest of this [censored] distracts from it too much. also, mods are not to insult, namecall, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
Loooooool Dids clearly never got THAT memo

All,

I think we're all missing the real point here. Namely, that gobboboy is fat, and as a fat person, his purpose in life has been legally reduced to being made fun of on the internet by people with a variety of physical, mental, and personality defects in order for them to feel better about their own pathetic misery.