Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 04:39 AM

Default 50NL Induced a bluff so I gotta call?

Villain in this hand is MP who is a 47/10 who I've frequently been isolating.

In this hand I isolate him again after he limps and the SB comes along (he's a 47/27). Villain donks into me on a ten high flop and I raise him, figure he has a weak ten? I check behind the turn for pot control (possibly bad spot?). He then bets the river when a runner flush hits. Pretty sure I have to call right?

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG: $57
MP: $64.05
Hero (CO): $53.30
BTN: $38.65
SB: $73.15
BB: $52

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.50</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $2.25, BB folds, MP calls $2

Flop: ($8) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">MP bets $3.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $15</font>, SB folds, MP calls $11.50

Turn: ($38) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, Hero checks

River: ($38) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $12</font>, Hero ???
Old 11-03-2007, 04:54 AM

Default Re: 50NL Induced a bluff so I gotta call?

I really don't think much has changed since the flop. If you thought you were ahead there, then you still should be. Your pot control check worked. I would probably just bet the turn though.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:57 AM

Because you checked, yes. I think you have a very strong hand and don't see any reason to check behind the turn. If he called flop with a gutshot, oh well. The only danger is you are value betting yourself if he is slowplaying. But, I think he probably just has a Ten or smaller pair most of the time. I like bet turn, shove river. Pretty aggressive with TPTK but I think in this spot it's good.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:59 AM

I don't really get your line. You make a huge raise with a strong hand on a safe flop with no draws, then decide to play pot control on a blank turn? If you're not comfortable playing for stacks here, don't force a giant pot on the flop.

I'd say nh if you shove the turn for value, but this is pretty inconsistent as played. Obv call the river.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:00 AM

I bet the turn because his range after the flop is sets and Tx (maybe 77-99). This way you get value from all the Tx hands (maybe those middle pairs if villain is really bad) and can easily fold to a raise (set). As played, I call the river, the odds of villain having a flush are about 1% (what on earth calls the flop raise?) but it could be a set.

(Edit: Well, if you have a good read, I guess you could call a c/r AI on the turn but without reads it's a fold).
Old 11-03-2007, 05:17 AM

I'd be more inclined to shove this river then fold it
Old 11-03-2007, 06:12 AM

As played id call the river, but after that huge flop raise id probably be shoving the turn after he checks
Old 11-03-2007, 08:34 AM

It seems like people want to shove. Could someone explain more in depth why? He has TPTK, but to me it seems like when someone calls that big of a reraise TPTK is usually no good.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:22 AM

because there arent many hands that beat you out there... lot of other hands he could have involving a ten and a weaker kicker... one can assume we can rule out over pairs on pre flop play... only thing your worried about is a set, but if you were ahead of him on the flop when you built this huge pot your are ahead of him now so stick it in. i would shove turn and hope he flips over q 10
Old 11-03-2007, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet the turn because his range after the flop is sets and Tx (maybe 77-99). This way you get value from all the Tx hands (maybe those middle pairs if villain is really bad) and can easily fold to a raise (set).

[/ QUOTE ]
How much you planning on betting into a $38 pot on the turn that is going to allow you to fold to a raise? Hero is only sitting on $36 at that point.