Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2007, 04:11 AM

Default AQs against aggro maniacs - rate my play, please

CO is a complete maniac, he's been at the table for 16 hands and raised 13 of them Preflop. He goes to the river with any piece of the flop more often than not.

The UTG just came in one orbit prior to this hand.

MP1 has been spewy and tilting. We've played about 30 hands he's been doing nothing but hemorrhaging money. If there's a pattern to his madness, I cant't spot it.

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (5 handed) 6-max Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP :#A500AF(CO)/ calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP :#A500AF(CO)/ calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (7 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, CO calls $0.04 (All-In).

River: (22.40 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 22.40 BB

I didn't reraise preflop because I knew we were going to the flop 5 handed regardless.

Please let me know what you think of the other streets (and the flop if you think it's misplayed). River would have been c/c, obviously.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:55 AM

Default Re: AQs against aggro maniacs - rate my play, please

Reraising the turn here is bad.

(Unless you made a typo and the button is the maniac in which case it's fine.)
Old 05-22-2007, 05:11 AM

And I thought I'd reread it for errors, too...

It is the Button that is the maniac. Thanks, Niediam
Old 05-22-2007, 05:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't reraise preflop because I knew we were going to the flop 5 handed regardless.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a terrible reason not to raise with a hand as good as yours.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:53 AM

Reraise AQs for value pre-flop. You have a strong hand, why not push your equity?

As for the flop, this would be tough for me, but since the button bets everything, a check-raise would be the best way to get the pot to be HU. As played, betting into the big pot won't protect your hand as well as a check-raise. Since you don't have the initiative, I would check-raise here if I was ~70% certain the button would continuation bet.

On the turn, betting out is correct given the previous streets and three-betting is a must. It's best way to attempt to protect your hand. Since the BB could have something like KQ, etc, this sometimes ends up as a value raise while charing flush draws more money.

River is an easy check/call since the pot is protected.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's pretty bad. You're not raising to cut the field, you're raising for value. You likely have the best hand, and you almost certainly have an equity edge.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:42 PM

With such a lackluster flop I think a flop lead is fine. It can set up the hand for a turn checkraise if the button is the maniac you describe.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:52 PM

I didn't see a read on button here. If you meant that button was one of the maniacs spewing money I'll 3bet preflop all day long.

If button is relatively solid I still like a 3bet, but I can see just calling as well.

Otherwise I play it the same. There seems to be a whole lot of dead money in this pot and I want some of it. Once the turn is capped (again, depends on read of button) I'm happy check/calling the river.