Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 11:28 AM

Default QQ

Button and UTG were unknown. For what it´s worth UTG was getting short stacked.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (17.40 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero...
Old 05-11-2007, 11:36 AM

Default Re: QQ

Only reason I'm not capping is because I want to see what Btn does.
Tread very softly on the turn, be ready to fold if Btn likes his hand enough to cap and/or if another spade hits
Old 05-11-2007, 11:46 AM

Well, just on the basis of this hand, UTG and Button cant be that great players if they like to check/call and coldcall a preflop raise and 3-bet.

I would call UTG's flop check/3-bet.

Its hard to know what Button or UTG might have, but I could envisage loose players getting excited about having a high card to a flush draw.

So, for the time being I would call and re-evaluate on the turn. It seems too early to me to fold your overpair to 2 unknowns on the flop.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:30 PM

calldown non-[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] turn &amp; river cards.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:40 PM

I think someone's got a set/flush/overpair here often. Probably not often enough to fold given the large pot, so I'm going to call and see the turn. Barring another raising war on the turn I'm going to show down if no more spades show up.

Given UTG being short stacked I think it's more likely he's pushing a big spade draw.

In general, how valueable is this read with short stacks? I seem to see it so often that they'll push marginal hands just to get all in.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
calldown non-[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] turn &amp; river cards.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-11-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Given UTG being short stacked I think it's more likely he's pushing any two cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 05-11-2007, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Given UTG being short stacked I think it's more likely he's pushing any two cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

GETTING shotstacked means getting to a point where you might be all-in before the hand's over and before you would end betting had you had more money with you. It doesn't mean that you're not folding a flop like this holding 72o with 5BB left.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

GETTING shotstacked means getting to a point where you might be all-in before the hand's over and before you would end betting had you had more money with you. It doesn't mean that you're not folding a flop like this holding 72o with 5BB left.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quit assuming your opponent thinks like you.

All too often I'll call a shortstack all in liberally when they have some crap like J5 and no piece of the board. It's much easier to do when heads up of course, but SS's do this stuff all the time.

They'd rather finish off their stack than actually try to conserve it and survive when they get to a certain point.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Quit assuming your opponent thinks like you.

All too often I'll call a shortstack all in liberally when they have some crap like J5 and no piece of the board. It's much easier to do when heads up of course, but SS's do this stuff all the time.

They'd rather finish off their stack than actually try to conserve it and survive when they get to a certain point.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the point. And if Shortie had like 2.5bb left at the very beginning of the hand, I'd agree completely. However, seeing the flop with 4bb left would be another story, imho.