Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Your play with KQo?
Fold 11 36.67%
Call 13 43.33%
Raise 6 20.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2007, 03:11 AM

Default Re: Ask the 2+2 Ladies Your Questions

You too ana
Old 04-05-2007, 03:33 AM

VR posts g00t. Rl, rl, g00t.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:46 AM

Cardo,

There is, of course, more to the story, but I don't know how pertinent any of it really is. The reason she listed was the lack of marriage. After she went nutty and decided to basically tell me everything wrong with me, it came out that none of her family or friends liked me. They all thought she could do better than me. Of course, I never spent a great deal of time around them and everyone I know thinks they must be idiots. Whaaaatever.

I really think she just has no clue what she wants in life and probably has a serious dependency issue. She has spent less than 1 week single in the last 4 years of her life. And even those weeks were simply letting go of one branch and swinging to the next.

The entire situation was complicated by the fact that no one believed she dumped me only for the marriage thing. It didn't seem to make much sense that you would marry someone, yet at the same time dump them if they wanted to wait a couple years for stability purposes.

Whatever the reason, it has made me realize that I will probably never come close to understanding females, because I thought I had her pretty well figured out. In the end, she just ended up being a very bad person toward me and saying spiteful things (though not in a constructive way).

Why you ladies' gotta be so dang confusing?

/rant
Old 04-05-2007, 09:49 AM

Why is it that I find "ladies" condscending? Or, to put it another way, do the 2+2 "ladies" prefer "ladies" or "women"?
Old 04-05-2007, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is it that I find "ladies" condscending? Or, to put it another way, do the 2+2 "ladies" prefer "ladies" or "women"?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to ask you the same question. Mostly because I don't use it as anything but a respectful term.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to ask you the same question. Mostly because I don't use it as anything but a respectful term.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not think its condescending but I prefer women. Lady(ladies) makes me feel old.

I really dislike m'am. Makes me want to smack those pimply faced kids at the market. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2007, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I really dislike m'am. Makes me want to smack those pimply faced kids at the market. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, M'am. Thank You M'am. May I have another please M'am.

Sorry, couldn't help myself! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2007, 11:56 AM

LoL @ Mrs. Utah's comments. I call people sir and ma'am all the time thinking it conveys a respect that is rare in the youth of America.

It was apparently the #1 thing my ex's parents disliked about me. They thought I was a disrespectful smartass for calling them sir and ma'am. I didn't find this out until after we broke up, of course.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Grrrrr.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LoL @ Mrs. Utah's comments. I call people sir and ma'am all the time thinking it conveys a respect that is rare in the youth of America.

It was apparently the #1 thing my ex's parents disliked about me. They thought I was a disrespectful smartass for calling them sir and ma'am. I didn't find this out until after we broke up, of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think calling someone sir and ma'am is respectful but I would reserve it for the over 60 crowd.
I am not there yet...not even close...really! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2007, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think calling someone sir and ma'am is respectful but I would reserve it for the over 60 crowd.
I am not there yet...not even close...really! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never understood this either. I was always raised that it was a term of respect. My wife is like Mrs. Utah though, and hates it if the poor bagger boy calls her Ma'am.

Ray