Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 03:56 PM

Default Re: BAD RUN...................... NEED ADVICE PLEASE!!

so did the 50-100 HU go down? results?
Old 10-30-2007, 08:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK... FOR THOSE OF YOU EGO MANIACS. OR NEWB PLAYERS THAT CANT TAKE THAT SOME PEOPLE ACTUALLY WIN MONEY IN POKER. GO TO CAKE NETWORK AND I WILL SIT IN A 50-100NL HEADS UP TABLE WITH 10K. I have been honest 100% but some of you are just babies, I bet the ones wanting me to prove that I am a decent player are crappy losing players. I only have 11K in my account because I lost 7K and I usually cashout 2500 a month (which is the max cashout or else I have to pay 40$ for a seperate check). I skipped a few cashouts because of a few bad runs on the way. You do the math.

EVERYONE PLEASE LOOK FOR TheG0at on CAKE NETWORK. RIGHT NOW.

[/ QUOTE ]
OP, this is a serious post and my honest opinion. Do with it as you will.

First of all, nobody here is questioning whether you have the bankroll that you do, because getting the bankroll you have does not prove anything. The fact that you're actually trying to show that you have the money as proof that you're good illustrates your ignorance, sorry. It's not hard to grind out the bankroll you have especially on the cake network, especially after playing as long as you have. The fact you have this money is irrelevent to the point people are making.

The point people are making is that based on the questions you are asking, its obvious you do not have the experience or understanding yet of poker to be moving up in stakes. You are getting all bent out of shape over a 7 buyin downswing because it was a sizable portion of your roll. What this means is you shouldn't have been playing that high to begin with or should have moved down before you lost more than you could handle.

A 19 buyin roll is not big enough for $1k nl because another 10 buyin downswing can easily happen and thats half your bankroll. Not to mention you are not good enough to beat 5/10 nl (yes, I have played with you).

My advice to you would be to go back to 1/2 where you were winning, get better, read more, get more experience, and then maybe, just maybe.. move to 2/4nl first and then 3/6 instead of jumping right into 5/10nl.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, you played for 2 yrs, grinded 1/2-3/6, and never had a 7+ buy-inn downswing?

I have 10+ buy-inns downswings at least ewery week or two, and 20+ every month or two.

But hey, I play LAG, but still, 7 buy-inns is pretty standard even for a nit.

[/ QUOTE ]

This post make s me feel ever so happy.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also its so hard to move down... I really want to play through this on 5-10 but I don't know if 19 buy-ins are enough to survive the storm.

[/ QUOTE ]

[x] How hard is it to go BUSTO?
[x] I really want to fly a fighter jet, but I dont.
[x] If 19 buy-ins isn't enough, go win more buy-ins at 2-4 or 3-6 where you were crushing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[x] Worst use of checkboxes ever
Old 10-30-2007, 11:10 AM

OP, here is my question:

How the hell did you find your way into this forum and decide to post here? Clearly the title, which you had to have clicked at some point, says BRAGS BEATS & Variance, of which you basically have none. There have to be 35+ choices of forums.

Frankly I am shocked that you clicked this one, insteady of reading 3" down to the PL/NL holdem section. I think that this is the reason that you are getting hated on.

Oh, and listen to the people with serious responses.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:45 AM

You have to move down.

It doesn't matter that your are playing well or that you are 90% to win, you are loosing. I am going through a similar streak of bad luck and now bad play for the last 3 months. I didn't move down right away and went busto.

Now I can't even beat the smallest games. I play 12% of my hands to wait for KQ and get snapped by Q2. There is nothing you can do about variance, but if you don't slow down you will loose your mind and then your bankroll.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:00 PM

You have a 19k bankroll, have just taken a 7k hit at your first shot at 5/10, and are wondering whether to move down or not. How is this even a serious question?
Old 10-30-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am gonna start doing all those online Sh!ts like those graphs, forums, and stuff so I can take a giant dump on some of you one day.

[/ QUOTE ]

that'll show em.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
its 7K... My feelings are hurt.

[/ QUOTE ]

We get it. Move down though seriously.