Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 11:53 PM

Default Re: Drew Carey\'s first Price is Right show

[ QUOTE ]
Drew Carey will probably get better but he just doesn't seem as enthusiastic as Bob Barker. He doesn't give any excitement when he's about to announce the actual retail price or when he's about to see if someone has won $16k.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right. I think he should be excited, at least to a point, though. Who are the contestants on TPIR? College kids, housewives and a lot of "working class" folks. You don't see many doctors and lawyers on stage, do you?

For a lot of the folks on the show, Plinko Money or a car or something like that is the largest prize they ever have won (or could have ever dreamed they'd win). That's the appeal. Regular folks, having fun, playing silly games for cash and prizes.

It's like they are playing for all the money in the world. Bob showed the same "excitement" for them, while still being slightly tongue in cheek about the goofy nature of the show and (in some cases) the insignificance of the money or the prize.

Drew Carey just seems like he's mailing it in. Yeah, we know he's rich and could wipe his a$$ with the $50k some lady could win at Plinko, and so could Bob. He's almost giving off a vibe like he wants to say "What's the big deal? It's only $50k? I make that per episode."

If Drew doesn't get excited about it along with them, people won't take to him and the show will go down the tubes.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:58 AM

Drew's already noticeably better than his first shows. After a couple months there probably won't be much to complain about at all.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:00 PM

Has he had to putt the ball yet? This is the one thing I really want to see. Bob was unstoppable on that green.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has he had to putt the ball yet? This is the one thing I really want to see. Bob was unstoppable on that green.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was a [censored] shark wasnt he.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:28 PM

I've watched every day since he's started (I work from home) and I have not seen the Hole in One (or Two) yet.

T
Old 10-23-2007, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Drew's already noticeably better than his first shows. After a couple months there probably won't be much to complain about at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Saw it today. A little better, but he really needs to slow his speech down. His words all run together most of the time. He still comes across (to me) with a bit of a disinterested attitude, but maybe that'll change in time.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:19 PM

Bob Barker, like Mr. Rogers and Leslie Neilsen, has that authoritative voice. Drew Carey sounds like a dweeb. Chris Hansen would do better, frankly.

I think they should just show reruns...it will cost less to produce and the rating will be higher in the long run.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bob Barker, like Mr. Rogers and Leslie Neilsen, has that authoritative voice. Drew Carey sounds like a dweeb. Chris Hansen would do better, frankly.

I think they should just show reruns...it will cost less to produce and the rating will be higher in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

Product placement, obv. Bob rocked, D sucks atm, won't watch again anytime soon.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:10 PM

I've only seen one ep, but Drew sucks. I could do better (not kidding). They needed someone who has watched 100+ eps.

He really needs to understand the games, and learn how to get the message across clearly and in fewer words. It was painful listening to him try to explain Barker's Bargain Bar. "Pick the one that is more lower" OUCH
Old 10-23-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It was painful listening to him try to explain Barker's Bargain Bar. "Pick the one that is more lower" OUCH

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, and I should add that they should just get rid of that stupid game anyway. I'd be pissed to finally get up there after watching for a couple decades only to have to play that stupid ass game to win a monstrosity of a couch and a dirt-bike that I'd never use.

Give me Dice Game or Punchboard.