Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 03:04 PM

Default JJ, blind battle

I'm at work now so I don't have a hand history. Just happened during lunch, so it's within 30 hands and the table is pretty tight, bordering on tight/aggressive. One guy who's the CO when I'm BB has stolen our blinds in the last two orbits without a flop.

SB here has been tight and hasn't shown anything down yet. Has cold-called a raise at least once in middle-late position in pots that are generally ~3 people to a flop.

Full Tilt 1/2
8 Players

Hero is BB
Hero is dealt J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

6 folds, SB raises, Hero raises, SB calls

Flop (6 SB, two players) K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks, Hero bets, SB raises, Hero calls

Turn (5 BB, two players) K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB bets, Hero...

These are spots that really confuse me. It's very hard for me to put people on hand ranges in blind battles. Some people just go nuts trying to steal/resteal/re-resteal, especially if the last two orbits of blinds were stolen by the LAGgy CO.

I didn't think he had to have a king here, and with the second king on the turn he's even less likely to have a king.

Is there any value in calling this down?
Old 05-09-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: JJ, blind battle

Yes.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:16 PM

Calling down is a very valuable tool in blind battles. Especially if you think you are getting picked on. This will also allow you to see what villain is stealing with, which will help you with hand ranges. You don't want to over do it and you don't want to start defending with garbage, but keep in the back of your mind that people will often substitute aggression for cards in blind stealing situations.

Hands to call down with: Any pair on a raggy board, maybe if it has an A or K, but that will cost you money. On boards with no paint you can try with ace high or better. On this hand Marchon summed it up pretty well.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:18 PM

just call down... he could have a flush draw, a 7, plus a number of retarded things.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:34 PM

my first instinct is to raise the turn but i think calling down is better as we get value from hands that we beat as opposed to blowing them away.