Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 09:37 PM

Default Re: kind of weird hair cut/girl spot

[ QUOTE ]
Call her and ask her to trim your pubes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Waxing, although more painful, is probably better.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Hey... my hair isn't looking particularly shiny today. What do you think I should do?"

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf, since when do guys care about their hair being shiny? You're hopeless.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:38 PM

Me and my guy friends don't go and get our hair cut by a young 20 somethin girl... we go to a str8 up real hood street G barber shop where some real Dudes cut my blowout, shapeup or sometimes i get the babesta star with a flatop fade... ur post makes me think u go to like supercuts, they put a bowl on ur head and cut around it

SO I EL OH EL at your thread sir.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Give me her number cause you obviously cant see whats going on here. Maybe she got a gay vibe from you and wants to go dress shopping.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahahah pwned.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:35 AM

calling and misreading the situation sucks bc then you have to go a new place to get your haircut. If thats the best place to get a haircut I wouldnt do anything about it right away.

If the hair cut wasnt that good or there are other good places around then call her i guess.

if you are just wondering if she likes you, the answer is probably no
Old 11-02-2007, 01:33 AM

Nothing. Many stylists do this because you might want a touch up and, well, just to be polite.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:48 AM

Incomplete information.

Is the number she wrote on the card her personal digits or some business number of the salon?

Since she handed you a business card, I'm going to assume the card was already imprinted with a business number and she included her personal number for you.

Next, and this is important, did you tip? Assuming that you did - did you tip the receptionist as you paid and instruct her that it was for the girl who cut your hair or did you tip your barber directly?

Next, did she shampoo you hair? If she did, what kind of pressure did she apply to your skull with her fingers? Was it hard and vigorous or was it weak and flighty?

Though I am working with incomplete information, here is your play based on the information you did provide:

You felt no vibe with this cute and youngish woman, you failed to engaged in flirting with her, and your conversation wasn't great -- go back and ask for your male barber's number.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
kurosh,

She is just trying to drum up business.

Off topic: Can you confirm your whereabouts at approx 10:32 on 9/16/07? It's very important from a scientific perspective.

[/ QUOTE ]Hm... I think I was in the Bellagio poker room. Either that, or on the way there from the Mandalay. Why?
Old 11-02-2007, 02:23 AM

Really disagree that she's trying to get repeat business on this one.

We have a backwards-OOT situation. Instead of the guy thinking the girl is interested when she probably isn't we instead have a girl who I think was probably interested who others think wasn't.

Seriously, who has questions about their hair?

"She is cute and youngish. We have an ok conversation about various aspects of our lives and things going on"

"She mentions she's single"

"here's my number. call me if you have any questions."

Is this not obvious?
Forget the fact that kurosh wasn't picking up on a flirty-vibe. This isn't a bar scene or at somebody's house-party sitting around drinking and getting high.
she has to have some degree of professionalism in the workplace plus she is kind of concentrating on the hair and I'm guessing she really was trying to be more towards flirty and kurosh just missed it.

Did she smile and laugh? Did she mention once...or even more than once...that's she's single?
Who mentions they are single and gives out their phone number who isn't flirting?

Kurosh even confirmed this isn't the normal procedure for the place.

I think one potential play if you're interested in pursuing this could be to call the number and say that you've decided you have a question about your hair and then come up with something silly.
Or you can call and say that you don't really have a question about your hair but you wanted to call her anyway because she seemed nice/fun so lets go get dinner.
Or whatever, I don't know.
But it seems like a definite opportunity as best I can tell.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Really disagree that she's trying to get repeat business on this one.

We have a backwards-OOT situation. Instead of the guy thinking the girl is interested when she probably isn't we instead have a girl who I think was probably interested who others think wasn't.

Seriously, who has questions about their hair?

"She is cute and youngish. We have an ok conversation about various aspects of our lives and things going on"

"She mentions she's single"

"here's my number. call me if you have any questions."

Is this not obvious?
Forget the fact that kurosh wasn't picking up on a flirty-vibe. This isn't a bar scene or at somebody's house-party sitting around drinking and getting high.
she has to have some degree of professionalism in the workplace plus she is kind of concentrating on the hair and I'm guessing she really was trying to be more towards flirty and kurosh just missed it.

Did she smile and laugh? Did she mention once...or even more than once...that's she's single?
Who mentions they are single and gives out their phone number who isn't flirting?

Kurosh even confirmed this isn't the normal procedure for the place.

I think one potential play if you're interested in pursuing this could be to call the number and say that you've decided you have a question about your hair and then come up with something silly.
Or you can call and say that you don't really have a question about your hair but you wanted to call her anyway because she seemed nice/fun so lets go get dinner.
Or whatever, I don't know.
But it seems like a definite opportunity as best I can tell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming kurosh is game for testing, I will wager $100 that you are wrong. Nothing against kurosh.... I just think ppl are usually right about vibes and that getting a card from a stylist is totally standard.