Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 10:55 PM

Default I learned this from bakes

Tilt 30r. Villain is 16/6/5 over 200 hands. I close to insta min 3 bet him here. His raise just seems like such [censored].

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t150/t300
(Ante: t25)
8 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: t16950
UTG+1: t10945
MP1: t9695
Hero: t20650
CO: t7025
Button: t6720
SB: t9560
BB: t13955

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to t800</font>, 3 folds, BB calls t500 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t1450)</font>.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (t1950, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets t1200</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to t2600</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to t5200</font>
Old 09-25-2007, 10:59 PM

Default Re: I learned this from bakes

pray he has no hand reading skills
Old 09-25-2007, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pray he has no hand reading skills

[/ QUOTE ]

Well one thing to think about is he has no idea i'm thinking/2p2. When some random min 3 bets my CR it turns out to be a huge hand a ton. Even a bunch of the p5's guys do this with huge hands, happened to me earlier today.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:46 PM

I like it. This is an obvious flop for him to try to c/r your c-bet, so I think you get a fold here a lot.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:44 AM

I think this is a similar similar situation to the hand I posted earlier today that you commented on Bond although you are a little deeper into the tourney. I think your line is very interesting. Its like one of those stupid minreraises preflop when they always have aces.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:57 AM

yeti theorem, gg
Old 09-26-2007, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeti theorem, gg

[/ QUOTE ]

well, yeah, but he's still folding air like every time.

Alternative line is to flat it and shove over the turn bet/ bet turn if he checks. It gets extra from air and is more believable as a big pair/might get something like 66 to fold.

The danger is that he probably has six outs if he has air.

This got me in trouble in the 530 wcoop when I flatted a min checkraise w/ 87 on a 999 board. I though it would be easier to get 66-88 to fold with that line. Ace on the turn [censored] everything up because I lost all credibility for having the hands I was planning to represent (although this probably wouldn't have mattered if he didn't have an ace, unless he was better than I though he was), but I still bet after he checked and lost more to AT.

The threebet would have won the pot, and a couple people I talked to about it thought it was the better line, but I still think flatting is a viable alternative.

the interesting thing about AK is in a sense, you're calling/raising for value (but not really, since you're rarely seeing a showdown), since most of the hands you are getting to fold are behind. It's more about taking the bluff opportunity away from worse hands than getting better hands to fold.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yeti theorem, gg

[/ QUOTE ]

well, yeah, but he's still folding air like every time.

Alternative line is to flat it and shove over the turn bet/ bet turn if he checks. It gets extra from air and is more believable as a big pair/might get something like 66 to fold.

The danger is that he probably has six outs if he has air.

This got me in trouble in the 530 wcoop when I flatted a min checkraise w/ 87 on a 999 board. I though it would be easier to get 66-88 to fold with that line. Ace on the turn [censored] everything up because I lost all credibility for having the hands I was planning to represent (although this probably wouldn't have mattered if he didn't have an ace, unless he was better than I though he was), but I still bet after he checked and lost more to AT.

The threebet would have won the pot, and a couple people I talked to about it thought it was the better line, but I still think flatting is a viable alternative.

the interesting thing about AK is in a sense, you're calling/raising for value (but not really, since you're rarely seeing a showdown), since most of the hands you are getting to fold are behind. It's more about taking the bluff opportunity away from worse hands than getting better hands to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this as a bluff line - flat call flop and shove turn. You're like... never re-raising a 9 here and I'm not even sure what you're re-raising on this board, so like... don't?

Edit to add that this is very similar to a hand I played in a live tournament once when I ended up stacking off with 99 on a TTx board to TJo... So yeah, some people do actually take your line with a 9, but not anyone with half a brain (oh and screw Yeti Theorem?)

So yeh, it might work because idiots do actually play like that sometimes, but you better hope to god villain thinks you're a random, and isn't a thinking player himself
Old 09-26-2007, 11:56 AM

Against some people I check this flop. I probably fold or call the the c/r because if you think hes bluffing AK beats most of his bluffs.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:58 AM

If we call flop, pot will have like 7k and BB will have like 10k left.