Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2006, 08:55 PM

Default Delaying the Raise?

Standard, or should I have popped it straight away on 5th?

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 3: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (8.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (6.35 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (9.35 BB)

Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls

River - (13.35 BB)

Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls

Total pot: (15.35 BB)
Old 02-27-2006, 09:10 PM

Default Re: Delaying the Raise?

I'd prob raise right away on 5th since your two pair is hidden and there is someone behind you that you'd prob do better not to give a cheap draw to. Your way isn't terrible though.

Curiously, how would you respond if he reraised 6th. You'd have to give him credit for trips even with the dead 8 no? You'd have odds to call and try to suck out but would you then lay down UI?

Jeff
Old 02-27-2006, 09:21 PM

Did you miss that both 8s were dead - if he had three-bet, I would need to have seen a better hand. I'm no good at calling when I have the odds to try and hit a boat, and then folding for one bet when I miss.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:38 PM

Yea, I did miss that - my bad. Still interesting though (at least in my dorky mind) what you would do assuming the case 8 was unaccounted for and the sixth street action went bet-raise-raise. Against a non-maniac, a case can be made for folding the river UI.

Jeff