Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 04:34 AM

Default Re: Absolute Poker Scandal: An Inside Job

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd say like 2% #1, 98% #2. Not that I'm trying to set the line here, but I agree with you.

Hopefully #1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming #2 happens, what is the next step you think Nat?

[/ QUOTE ]
I have a lot in mind. I don't really want to reveal all of my ideas in a spot that AP is surely reading.

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I sent my ideas for what to do (along with my findings that I have not revealed) to a number of friends, some of whom no one could know that I know. So if anything ever happened to me (who knows, right?) the info would not be lost.

But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

N, you really need to relax man! AP is much more likely to buy you out than to make you disappear. At this point they need allies who will confirm their side of the story and since you seem to be a trusted authority, you would fit the criteria of a desirable ally. Also, I seriously doubt that you are the only person in the world qualified to analyze their system to detect the foul play at hand, so if they plan on killing you they would have to kill every other professional in this field. And lastly, the story right now really isn't big news outside of the poker community, tbh, but if anything were to happen to you it would become a very BIG story! It would no longer be a story about cheating, but a story about murder and corruption and at that point the federal government would step in. So as you can see, AP has nothing to gain, but a lot to lose by whacking you. However, if they do try to buy you, don't turn them down when you're in CR, otherwise might end up on the back of a milk carton. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2007, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd say like 2% #1, 98% #2. Not that I'm trying to set the line here, but I agree with you.

Hopefully #1.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I have a lot in mind. I don't really want to reveal all of my ideas in a spot that AP is surely reading.

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I sent my ideas for what to do (along with my findings that I have not revealed) to a number of friends, some of whom no one could know that I know. So if anything ever happened to me (who knows, right?) the info would not be lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

N, you really need to relax man! AP is much more likely to buy you out than to make you disappear. At this point they need allies who will confirm their side of the story and since you seem to be a trusted authority, you would fit the criteria of a desirable ally. Also, I seriously doubt that you are the only person in the world qualified to analyze their system to detect the foul play at hand, so if they plan on killing you they would have to kill every other professional in this field. And lastly, the story right now really isn't big news outside of the poker community, tbh, but if anything were to happen to you it would become a very BIG story! It would no longer be a story about cheating, but a story about murder and corruption and at that point the federal government would step in. So as you can see, AP has nothing to gain, but a lot to lose by whacking you. However, if they do try to buy you, don't turn them down when you're in CR, otherwise might end up on the back of a milk carton. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol wildly entertaining post...BEWARE
Old 10-17-2007, 04:48 AM

I'm not really worried about AP so much as some guy who I've implicated in this hiring some random thug in Costa Rica to stop by my hotel room.

Note that Adanthar reveal Scott Tom, not me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

(Scott, please take notes)
Old 10-17-2007, 04:50 AM

Just a thought... If the server farm is in Quebec, wouldn't the backups be there too? Maybe this audit won't even need to go to CR.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hopefully #1.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol wildly entertaining post...BEWARE

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, thank you!
Old 10-17-2007, 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So Scott Tom, is he still involved in AP after the sale to UB?

[/ QUOTE ]

Grunch, i'm sure it's been stated, but AP bought UB. It's more of a merger but UB DID NOT BUY AP.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:15 AM

FWIW, I posted a summary of how things went down, along with screenshots, on my blog: http://www.natarem.com
Old 10-17-2007, 05:34 AM

great summary.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:37 AM

the youtube vid POTRIPPER playing
Old 10-17-2007, 05:46 AM

Would a full audit of AP also include private interviews with the employees? Since many consider this to be an inside job it seems like that should happen as well as an analysis of the hardware.
Closed Thread