Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2006, 05:09 PM

Default Re: Help needed: Pocket Jacks

After playing the 11r everyday for the past 10 days, Villian range is one card and a napkin. Players play AWFUL during the early stages of the 2nd hour. For some reason they all forget the rebuy is over.
Old 09-17-2006, 05:15 PM

What if hero bets 3/4 the flop here and is reraised? I could see 88-TT doing this as well, given that this is a 10r.
Old 09-17-2006, 05:26 PM

i one hundred percent agree with Yuv. The play is aweful in the 10r. Even the tight players can never throw away top pair bad kicker. You gotta be willing to go broke here. i would guess the majority of the time this will be AQ AK 88 - 10 10. sure you might lose does not mean you made wrong decision by calling.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:42 PM

Is this so obvious that I am a favorite against villian's range that I shouldn't even be thinking about it? And is the only thing making it obvious the fact that its a 10r and the consequent reasoning that therefore this particular villian must be an idiot? Like I said, I don't have a read, so I'm more interested in how to think about this situation in a vaccum and then apply any reads to a given situation.

What if vilian was a good player? What if I was holding TT? Would this change the analysis at all?

What bothers me most about this hand is that a bluff with any Ace has at least 40 percent equity against me and as much as 65 percent. I would be much more comfortable with my equity without the four deuces at potential outs for villian. Am I wrong to think that this is going to be AK, AQ a whole lot more than 88-TT?

And for those of you who don't put AA in villian's range, I know that I for one like to trap with Aces in villian's shoes.