Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2007, 12:56 PM

Default NL400 - AA OOP

Bodog No-Limit Hold'em, $4.00 BB (9 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

UTG ($412.00)
UTG+1 ($394.50)
MP1 ($291.31)
MP2 ($643.00)
MP3 ($200.00)
CO ($533.50)
Button ($1197.25)
Hero ($615.50)
BB ($392.50)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $4, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls $4, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $25</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $21, MP3 calls $21.

Flop: ($79) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $55</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $110</font>, MP3 folds, Hero ??

Villain is 30/10ish over only 20 or so hands. I hate minraises.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:30 PM

Default Re: NL400 - AA OOP

I'm laying this down. This is a push/fold decision for me, and too much of the villain's limp-call pf range is way ahead in my opinion...
Old 06-03-2007, 01:49 PM

**15 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.**

None of you with any opinions on this?
Old 06-03-2007, 01:50 PM

The entire full ring community is going to to tell you to fold this on the flop. However I disagree, if you fold this on the flop you are folding every single raising hand out of the blind except AK of spades and AQ of spades. This is really really exploitable because to bluff raise the villain needs to be successful less than 50% of the time (instead he is successful very close to 100%).

Given he's utg I think you need to consider that he may have KK or QQ along with some spade draws and of course sets. I would generally call the flop and reevaluate the turn. (I think pushing is too brash vs an unknown relatively competent player).
Old 06-03-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The entire full ring community is going to to tell you to fold this on the flop. However I disagree, if you fold this on the flop you are folding every single raising hand out of the blind except AK of spades and AQ of spades. This is really really exploitable because to bluff raise the villain needs to be successful less than 50% of the time (instead he is successful very close to 100%).

Given he's utg I think you need to consider that he may have KK or QQ along with some spade draws and of course sets. I would generally call the flop and reevaluate the turn. (I think pushing is too brash vs an unknown relatively competent player).

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I was thinking I really don't want to fold here, but Im not sure I like calling too much either

a spot where all the options suck but I think calling sucks the least
Old 06-03-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You really see KK/QQ limp/calling UTG a lot? Doesn't seem like that is really a big portion of his range.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:50 PM

what about with call and lead small on the turn (about 100$) ? most of the players at bodog would just calls this weakbet with 55,66,draw 99+ , if he raises you fold.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:16 PM

Would a reraise be appropriate here?

IMO I would shove since the villian could have a flush or straight draw or 99, 1010, JJ. I don't think a player can assume a set or two pair here. But I am fairly new to NL.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:27 PM

folding this situation doesn't make u exploitable. THere's number of reasons why fold. Texture of the flop is very bad for UTGs limp call min raise flop line. I dont blame u for folding this and I doubt it makes u exploitable,

if we start talking about being exploited, doesn't every player with small pair from UTG exploit u if u give them your stack with these flops everytime.

If u don't want to give up, I would say calling is the best option if u are not sure who your opponent is.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
folding this situation doesn't make u exploitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

it makes a bluff on his part MEGA MEGA MEGA +EV as if you fold AA with the bdfd you fold the other overpairs, so that leaves just 2-3 combos of hands left AK[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] AQ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] AJ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] maybe 88

[ QUOTE ]
if we start talking about being exploited, doesn't every player with small pair from UTG exploit u if u give them your stack with these flops everytime.

[/ QUOTE ]

not really, the point isn't you can't get stacked here with AA, its about your range he has to average about getting in 9x the preflop call postflop vs your range