Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2006, 09:02 PM

Default HSP, 7/17

Did Gabe Kaplan seriously just take a shot at Mike Sexton?

Gabe Kaplan??

GTFO.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:05 PM

Default Re: HSP, 7/17

Also, was DN just doing what he was bitching about Mike Matusow doing in an earlier episode, and talking about what the people in the hand had while it was still in progress?

That ain't cool.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:16 PM

Esfandiari BUSTO?!
Old 07-17-2006, 10:19 PM

Esfandiari may be the real fish in this game. Too bad cuz I like his style but he's playing against some real high stakes players here who won't just fold to his raises.

Did Chamanara play a hand tonight? I don't think so.

Matusow = donkey. It must be killing him that not only is his need to borrow money for these stakes being aired publicly on the show but that the other players would pay cash to keep him at the table. That is not a good rep to have.

I'm glad DN finally won a big pot because I think he will really open his game now. He was playing much tighter than the 1st season.

I really like how Jen Harmon changed gears. Shows me what a true pro she is.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Matusow = donkey. It must be killing him that not only is his need to borrow money for these stakes being aired publicly on the show but that the other players would pay cash to keep him at the table. That is not a good rep to have.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems that people start to use that against mike nowadays. I believe it was 2 weeks ago where ted forrest, and mike were on the same table. Ted being already eliminated called mikes all in with AJ Suited. After mike won with KK he made a comment how ted was a bad player, teds comeback was very simple making fun of how he lends money to mike. Daniel does it too as a comeback, has to hurt him real bad.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Esfandiari may be the real fish in this game. Too bad cuz I like his style but he's playing against some real high stakes players here who won't just fold to his raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he needs to move back down to where they respect his raises.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a matter of respect. At these stakes with most of these players - the ones with lots of high stakes experience - it's harder to push them off a hand and there's a better than average chance that they will come back over the top with a bluff, just as Harmon did. Esfandiari has a good game but from what I see (and I'll grant that I'm not seeing very many hands) he isn't in the same class as some of the others. Same for Laak. Same for Grinder. Very good players but not yet at the level of a Chan, Negraneu, Harmon, Greenstein, Forrest and some others.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems that people start to use that against mike nowadays. I believe it was 2 weeks ago where ted forrest, and mike were on the same table. Ted being already eliminated called mikes all in with AJ Suited. After mike won with KK he made a comment how ted was a bad player, teds comeback was very simple making fun of how he lends money to mike. Daniel does it too as a comeback, has to hurt him real bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, it was 2 weeks ago. I commented on it in another thread. I doubt that they are lying since Mike hasn't said anything about it and the look on his face with Daniel said it last month told the whole story. It's got to be so embarrassing to be a player that people will pay to have stay in the game. And then for him to donk off $40k on a wild ass river call was simply the icing on the cake. I've heard lots of stories about the Big Game players licking their chops when Mike wants to play and I remember last year that they were rooting for him to go much further at the final table of the ME because they knew they'd get his money at their cash game.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahaha
Old 07-18-2006, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Esfandiari has a good game but from what I see (and I'll grant that I'm not seeing very many hands) he isn't in the same class as some of the others. Same for Laak.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Esfandiari and Laak have both looked pretty good so far.