Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Whatcha think?
I like it 31 86.11%
I don't like it 5 13.89%
I don't like it, and think Bigwig is a jackass 0 0%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2006, 01:27 AM

Default Re: Is Mike the Mouth the best player on HSP right now?

I beg to differ. I believe Ted Forrest played good last season. Only time he got knocked up is when he flopped set under set. He reached in his pocket, pulled out a fifty thousand dollar chip and started stacking chips.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still wondering why he laid those hands down. Did he read something? Or did he just not want to get involved in a large pot with those hands? I'm not convinced that his lay-downs were such a great play from his perspective of not seeing the hole cards. We see it so we know the results. I just haven't seen him enough to form an opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually thought that both were the "correct" standard play, if difficult. He has to put Antonio on a pretty big hand both times.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:03 AM

The AK laydown is super-standard - against a pre-flop 4 bet, AK is garbage, especially when both players are playing deep. JJ I don't remember the raise amounts or how deep each player was.

Matusow is not the best player at the table - like Sam Farha last season, he's getting lucky and he's picking the right spots to do everything. When you run well, you bluff well too - problem is, when Matusow runs poorly, he bluffs poorly too. He's the most volitaile player at the table but there's no way if you had this table together for 10K hands that Matusow is coming out on top.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:06 AM

Anyone in socal watch this show? I have adelphia in the Los Angeles area and cannot find it. =(
Old 06-21-2006, 05:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

But with no question this will change when Barry Greenstein appears. He is the best player in HS poker

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I can't wait until Barry sits down. I would love to see him play against Mike and Laak.

[/ QUOTE ]

Barry Greenstein won't be around till day 2, as he was playing in the final table of a preliminary event at the Five Diamonds Classic.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:30 PM

antonio is easily the worst player at this table and is playing way above his head

when he yelled at mike for talking during a 200k pot he made himself look like a moron. i realize mike talking was rude but if 200k means that much to antonio im not sure he should be playing at a 100k minimum table.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
antonio is easily the worst player at this table and is playing way above his head

when he yelled at mike for talking during a 200k pot he made himself look like a moron. i realize mike talking was rude but if 200k means that much to antonio im not sure he should be playing at a 100k minimum table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, if Antonio's AA had held up throughout the show he'd be a pretty solid winner to this point. Mike was totally wrong to open his yap there, particularly saying something that might affect him getting called or not. 1-200k is a lot of money for any of the players in the game, and his response was justified. A few minutes later you see Antonio and Mike getting a drink, and Antonio is laughing with him, so it's not like he went nuts over it anyway.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:55 PM

Antonio Esfandiari is playing with his cards face up.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, if Antonio's AA had held up throughout the show he'd be a pretty solid winner to this point. Mike was totally wrong to open his yap there, particularly saying something that might affect him getting called or not. 1-200k is a lot of money for any of the players in the game, and his response was justified. A few minutes later you see Antonio and Mike getting a drink, and Antonio is laughing with him, so it's not like he went nuts over it anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a WINNER!
Old 06-21-2006, 03:52 PM

Mike talking during that hand was completely retarded and he knew it. As soon as Antonio called him on it, you could see in his face that he knew he done went and [censored] up. Mike doesn't make that face often =P