Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 10:13 PM

Default Re: beat: douchey math teacher doesnt understand math (mspaint fun ins

did no one see that I made a mistake mspainting the second one in the set... I posted a revised one that reflects what I actually did the second time.

someone said something about needing a 3rd axis, but I dont understand why. Please to be explaining, kthx.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

for the first one i guess your explanation is fine but ur not including part so i could see why he could mark it wrong. sometimes nitty [censored] like that is important.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, so what am I leaving out. And more importantly what am I leaving out that he is including that is actually pertitnetn to the question?
Old 10-22-2007, 10:31 PM

WTF MATH HEAD ASPLODE
Old 10-22-2007, 10:35 PM

I dropped out of college and play poker. HA!
Old 10-22-2007, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
did no one see that I made a mistake mspainting the second one in the set... I posted a revised one that reflects what I actually did the second time.

someone said something about needing a 3rd axis, but I dont understand why. Please to be explaining, kthx.

[/ QUOTE ]

You said the explanation for this graph is that you're showing the balloon being filled before it begins to be squeezed. The problem with this is that it's a graph of the relationship of P and V- this isn't a parametric plot; you're not showing anything in relation to time. Also, I'm sure the question is only interested in the relationship as the balloon is being squeezed; the filling of the balloon is completely irrelevant.

Oh, and as for the 3rd axis thing- if you want to show the P and V at any point in time, you could do it as a 3d graph with time as one axis and P and V as your other two.

EDIT: Also, wouldn't the pressure be constant as you're filling it anyways? Yeah, I'm pretty sure the only cause of the increase in volume is the increase in moles of gas.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

where are the rest of these? I was tryring to show these to someone but couldnt find them. I really wanna show them the goofy essays.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask and ye shall receive. They didn't study
Old 10-23-2007, 12:28 AM

I don't think there was anything more complicated than figuring out how many teaspoons were in a tablespoon in whatever retard math class we had in culinary school. wtf?
Old 10-23-2007, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You said the explanation for this graph is that you're showing the balloon being filled before it begins to be squeezed. The problem with this is that it's a graph of the relationship of P and V- this isn't a parametric plot; you're not showing anything in relation to time. Also, I'm sure the question is only interested in the relationship as the balloon is being squeezed; the filling of the balloon is completely irrelevant.

Oh, and as for the 3rd axis thing- if you want to show the P and V at any point in time, you could do it as a 3d graph with time as one axis and P and V as your other two.

EDIT: Also, wouldn't the pressure be constant as you're filling it anyways? Yeah, I'm pretty sure the only cause of the increase in volume is the increase in moles of gas.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, yah I get what youre saying I think. But seeing as my graph was right the first time and marked wrong, I think its a good second try. It seemed like the obvious answer knowing that my first try was marked wrong.

Anyways, I have an appointment with the academic success center. I feel like a retard going there, but I think its important that someone else at the school co-signs that I was right and he was wrong.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:49 AM

u werent right but he was definitely wrong. good luck
Old 10-23-2007, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
u werent right but he was definitely wrong. good luck

[/ QUOTE ]

yah well I realize now that I wasnt exactly right, but I was more right than him. And if he considers his answer right, he should consider mine right too.

edit: and the bigger deal is that hes not willing to teach, or not capable. He doesnt realize that hes wrong even though its so obvious. I dont mind being marked wrong, but he cops this attitude, like its so assinine that I would even think to question his answer. Thats what gets me, that Im paying all this money for this douche bag that doesnt have the slightest clue how to teach or how to manage a class.