Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 05:44 PM

Default Why Full Tilt?

I recently lost all my money on stars. Due to a night of heavy drinking and play to big of a cash game for my roll. Anyways I decided to give tilt a try. Ive noticed that the software is laggy. The game selection is not anywhere near as good as stars. It takes me 3 times as long to sign on even. What makes tilt the 2nd best place to play? I really dont understand.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:00 PM

Default Re: Why Full Tilt?

advertising and rakeback
Old 09-15-2007, 06:00 PM

It is very hard to stand up. So, you are stuck sitting down. Most players try to stand up after playing UTG, after they fold, they try to stand up, and then they are told they can't leave while they are still involved in the hand.

Also, many people don't like to deposit, or withdraw money (most people don't have to worry about this), don't mind bad service, constant disconnections. They do give rakeback, though. If you don't get rb, I don't see why so many people bother.

They are popular because you can watch the pros play. They also have this thing called advertising. Since they are the only site, besides bodog, to use mainly black colors, they distinguish themselves from the rest. Add in that they also sport all those tv guys, and well...
Old 09-15-2007, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is very hard to stand up. So, you are stuck sitting down. Most players try to stand up after playing UTG, after they fold, they try to stand up, and then they are told they can't leave while they are still involved in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
??? The way the blinds work and waiting for BB and leaving and switching seats in everything works absolutely great. Better than any other site, IMHO. And your statement is wrong. Once you've folded your hand, you can leave.
[ QUOTE ]
Also, many people don't like to deposit, or withdraw money (most people don't have to worry about this), don't mind bad service, constant disconnections. They do give rakeback, though. If you don't get rb, I don't see why so many people bother.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well the last time I deposited it was with Neteller, and I had no problem then. I'm pretty sure that it's rather difficult to deposit at most sites at the moment though (for Americans, obviously), or at least more difficult since the UIGEA and Neteller.

All my withdraws since Neteller have been via check, and they've been very very fast. They've averaged 6 business days to arrive from the time I click "Withdraw"... that's even including the processing time. Haven't had any problems depositing the checks either.

All the times I've dealt with their customer service I've had all my questions answered accurately. They aren't nearly as fast as Stars is, but I don't think I've ever had to wait for a reply for longer than three days. Also, my last e-mail was answered within an hour.

Disconnections are fairly rare except those that were scheduled... which a box pops up every x minutes before the downtime to warn players of it. It does get fairly laggy sometimes, but again it's very rare that it'll time me out. However, as you've probably seen in this forum, YMMV.

However, I totally agree that rakeback is the number one reason I play there and without it I would play at Stars in a heartbeat. I just think that FTP sometimes has a worse reputation than it deserves. Sure, they have made some horrendous mistakes in the past, but they've also shown signs of improvement. And there are definitely a whole load of worse sites out there. The thing is, FTP is nearly always compared to PokerStars, which DOES do just about everything better. So that results, I think, in FTP looking worse than it really is
Old 09-15-2007, 07:32 PM

FYI, it is easier to deposit now than before UIGA. I use my VISA card with not problem what-so-ever.

I also see a very long thread about withdraw problems. I also see several threads about FTP problems.

For me, yes, I do have problems standing up. If you are 1-tabling, then it is easier. But with 4 or more tables going, it is difficult.

I also have created a thread about making a deposit. I have not been able to make a deposit since Monday, and it is not because of any UIGA crap, it is because their system is screwed up.

No, Stars do NOT do everything better. For example. I play Heads-up. The max rake at stars is $3, where the rake is always capped at $1 at FTP. Multiply that by 200 hands per hour, and you see that the rake difference is vast.

It is for this reason that I have tested my patience with FTP for so many days.

So, there, I said something good about FTP, happy?
Old 09-15-2007, 07:57 PM

i play 12 tables at FTP and never have a problem standing up..not arguing with anyone, just telling how it is for me.. who knows maybe i'm good at standing up or something [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

the software is laggy at times, but when it isn't, its pretty smooth imo. i do hate how it takes like 8 seconds to first log on though.. pretty annoying, but i can deal.

also, the rakeback really is a big bonus depending on how many hands you play.. getting the instant rakeback +600 first time deposit bonus could be very good for a beginning player building his/her bankroll

and thats what makes full tilt the 2nd, (or 1st in some peoples opinions) best choice for americans.\

btw, in no way am i promoting ftp over stars, its just where i choose to play, and is what is best for me. try out ftp for a while if you want, and see for yourself what better suits you.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:16 PM

The max I play @ FTP is 14 tables and it's fine.
12 cash and 2 MTT.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:28 PM

I don't get it. You turn off auto-post and then you just stand up.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get it. You turn off auto-post and then you just stand up.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree im so sick of hearing how bad tilt is how PS is god.

I like tilt anuff said play where you like it.

Software is not laggy at all to me
I do not disconnect
I do not have withdraw issues
I have rakeback and am not getting screwed in this area or i wouldnt play there i would be at stars ap or somewhere else.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:53 PM

i personally hate FT because it's so [censored] rigged.

BUT....if you want to leave the table all you have to do is click the little "x" in the top right-hand corner of the table. makes things very easy...none of this "you can't stand up while still in the hand" nonsense