Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 01:49 AM

Default Re: The Dragon could take POY lead?

O Snap! Am I bout to eat my lil sarcasm? The guy is like a tick that won't die, but keeps sucking up that blood.

If I ever get first pick in a pick'em for last-longers, David Pham is always gonna be in the conversation. Every single time he gets chips he goes far.

What a terrible beat for J.C. Tran. After that amazing run the first half of the year, he actually has to go out and win something else to reclaim the top spot (if he even cares, the over $2mill he's won soothes a lotta pain)
Old 08-31-2007, 02:05 AM

Tran missed out on a ton of pts. by just missing out on like three WSOP finals.

Tran is still playing well and running decent, he had a final at the Legends. It will be close, as usual, come down the stretch.

I'm looking for Danny Wong and Scott Clements to make runs in the second half of the year.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:43 AM

Dragon plays super good heads up. I got to play against him in the $5000 hu tournament at Mirage in the top 4 and he pwned me hard. It was like I couldnt do anything right against him. I have also played with him early and late in mtts and I think he is a big crazy early but plays fairly solid late, but might be a bit weak playing the short stack. All in all though, I dont like him at my table even though he makes for a pleasant time, as he is very nice.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
O Snap! Am I bout to eat my lil sarcasm? The guy is like a tick that won't die, but keeps sucking up that blood.

If I ever get first pick in a pick'em for last-longers, David Pham is always gonna be in the conversation. Every single time he gets chips he goes far.

What a terrible beat for J.C. Tran. After that amazing run the first half of the year, he actually has to go out and win something else to reclaim the top spot (if he even cares, the over $2mill he's won soothes a lotta pain)

[/ QUOTE ]

Reminds me of a couple year back when John Phan had a great run early only to have Men catch up and pass him.

The grinder almost had that happen to him last year too with a bunch of guys coming on strong at the end.