Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 06:26 PM

Default Re: So Am I A NIt?

5% is preposterous. As someone else has pointed out, anyone with 20BI would take 7:5 flips all day for their stack.

I think 10-15% is minimum for any successful poker player. I'd be surprised to see anyone go above 35% though.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:32 PM

David's question is boring. I've got a better one:

A hot but slightly crazy young woman asks you to teach her to play poker. If you take up her challenge, you have a 100-1 chance that you'll SIIHP.

a.) How many hours of your valuable time do you spend on this before deciding that it's -EV?
b.) How many 2+2 readers would spend even more time than Sklansky pursuing this goal?
Old 05-30-2007, 06:33 PM

I'd risk 30% of my bankroll, but one of the conditions would be that the flip was in extra slow motion (taking 1-2 weeks to complete), so I could say "meh...I just had one of your ordinary 7.5 buyin downswings" if I lost.
Besides, the flip is worth like (money risked)*(1.4) sklansky $s anyway.
w00t.
For added insurance, I'd probably get Mike Matusow to bet against me. If I lose, at least I could exclaim that the coin was rigged (the ability to do so is like the highest honor possible).
Old 05-30-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
David's question is boring. I've got a better one:

A hot but slightly crazy young woman asks you to teach her to play poker. If you take up her challenge, you have a 100-1 chance that you'll SIIHP.

a.) How many hours of your valuable time do you spend on this before deciding that it's -EV?
b.) How many 2+2 readers would spend even more time than Sklansky pursuing this goal?

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember a young lady by the name of <font color="blue"> </font> {name irrelevant} who...blah blah blah

BLAH
Old 05-30-2007, 06:38 PM

good post but i think the odds are closer to 1:1.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:53 AM

I think risking 20% is a good all around amount.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:14 PM

I'd guess you'd be in the 10-15% range which is what I'd do too and I think am a bit of nit, but that's not a bad thing. I like having money...

Having watched Deal or No Deal I'd think the majority of Americans has no concept of BR management and would bet 125% it that was an option. That's probably not a good sample though...
Old 05-30-2007, 06:18 PM

i'm gonna say 5% as a minimum. If your playing nlh with a 20 BI br and you are getting 7-5 on a flip you should happily get it all in and folding would be a mistake.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:18 PM

Stop creating new useless threads and finish the one you started. Start naming names.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:21 PM

i think 100k-10m is way too large of a range because the answer should be different if you had 10mil than if you had 100k. Assuming you were a winning poker player with 10mil you could still make a great living with a 2mil br but the difference between 100k and 20k is a being able to make a living at all and your RoR after dropping down would be actually exist whereas with 2mil if your willing to drop down when necessary your RoR is effectively zero.