Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 01:08 AM

Default Re: Am I losing money being an ABC player?

Your style of game is similar to mine except my games play a bit deeper. All you do is decrease your variance greatly and perhaps decrease your earn rate a tiny bit, something I gladly sacrifice for the drastic decrease in variance. In fact if more than one of you were at my table I'd be requesting a table change. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Jimbo
Old 11-16-2007, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like you're doing fine. You're a winning player, yes? You bluff every now and then, picking your spots carefully. Good stuff. If you do play very tight, I might recommend showing those bluffs. It's an iffy move though, and really it all depends on what you want your image to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a winning player and bluff more than anyone else as far as I can tell. I'm unconventional and play a huge range of hands. Anyway my point is I don't believe showing bluffs works against good players. They know you show the bluff for a reason, at least I do. If you're playing someone not smart enough to realise this, then great, but they're probably not going to play very well in any case.

A case made for showing cards could be for adaptive players who you want action from when you're running well. If you show a bunch of bluffs because you're on a heater you could get paid when they might usually fold. I suppose its very situational but normally I don't think it has the value people think it does, you can just end up outsmarting yourself.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:59 PM

I liked your post but the more I read the first sentence:

[ QUOTE ]
I am a winning player and bluff more than anyone else as far as I can tell.

[/ QUOTE ]

the more I wondered about how much more you might win if you bluffed optimally rather than "more".

Jimbo