Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: The best tactic for showing hands is
showing hands opposite your style of play to create your desired image (show bluffs if your tight, show big hands if your lag) 9 14.06%
showing big hands and bluffs equally to confuse opponents 4 6.25%
to never show your hand, to keep the most information hidden. 51 79.69%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2007, 09:05 PM

Default Re: A 3-bet pot poll.

I actually think aejones has written a lot of good stuff in this thread, fwiw [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-23-2007, 09:05 PM

I play a different site, but if I am playing loose I am usually not going to be 3-betting hands like TT and JJ, unless I knew the guy was shoving / 4-betting me weak.

I would much prefer to be raising the hands like 22-66, flush draws and obviously strong hands, sometimes calling big hands etc. Playing very tricky, very loose, but hopefully not too loose that he can instashove light, when he does that just start strengthening it up a bit.

So I mean, it kind of matters what he thinks of us...

from the information gained so far it seems that he thinks we are pretty tight right now and are not 4-betting him, so if I was him I would continue and rain down the three bets with weaker hands and try and just rape him by calling some of the bigger hands like TT and JJ, hopefully get him tripple barrelling us etc.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tens and jacks are his most likely range? please.

guy is more likely to have 2 pair, bigger overpair and prob some pair + draws given our raise size that he chose to call rather than raise.

You also said "without a FD on this flop our raise looks really strong", I think it looks sooooooooo much weaker especially if vill is good which he apparently is.

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree with everything you said.

perhaps it's just a matter of opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, True usually posts false advice.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tens and jacks are his most likely range? please.

guy is more likely to have 2 pair, bigger overpair and prob some pair + draws given our raise size that he chose to call rather than raise.

You also said "without a FD on this flop our raise looks really strong", I think it looks sooooooooo much weaker especially if vill is good which he apparently is.

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree with everything you said.

perhaps it's just a matter of opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, True usually posts false advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also plays really badly......... just very lucky.

Anyway, glad you aren't going to post advice and just troll the forum? Really [censored] awesome of you. Obviously the forum loves you for the razor sharp wit however...

"True posts FALSE advice", LOL I GEDDIT BECAUSE THEY ARE OPPOSITE RIGHT, YOU KNOW LIKE THE NAME IS IRONIC OR SOMETHING RIGHT?

but you did make this worthy contribution to the thread :

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why do you shove a spade, Eagles? Randomizing factor?

[/ QUOTE ]
Misread the OP thought we had a BDFD

[/ QUOTE ]

we do, and we should shove a spade

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop comes 678r, without backdoorflush for you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-23-2007, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TWP, no man. People peel one time with mid pairs here, 99-JJ that don't appear to be ahead of anything but a bluff (like we've got). Now that we get here, we should know exactly where we are in the hand (behind) and he should know exactly where he is in the hand (ahead of only bluffs). He calls our flop CR because he thinks he's got showdown value and he wants to get there real fast. He doesn't shove pair + draw becasue he thinks you'll only CR with bluffs and hands that want to get all the money in the middle ASAP. He calls to hit his draw and becuase his call looks strong and you'll shut down a good % of the time.

That is why we can't shutdown always.

We need to keep going a lot.

W/O a flushdraw on this flop, our CR looks extraordinarily strong. We shove, we might fold two jacks here with OPs description of our image. C'mon now, we gotta do what they don't want us to do, and checking to let him know his TT is now way ahead is just no good. Our range doesn't have to be merged on this CR, and he should know that (although it can be polarized, we become extra deadly when it isn't, but that's another level about 5-10 NL). Therefore, we have to increase our bluffing frequency to fold out made hands that are ahead of his "lol this guy will check and shutdown" range. Since hands like JJ/TT are so identifiably in that range, we've got to make him make mistakes by folding it.

Additionally, he will shove the flop with a large % of hands. Since our range is what it is and the board has a mediocre amount of action killers, he should probably shove a bunch of hands that want to play an all in pot but have the capability of having their action killed. For example, he'll probably shove KK/AA (and for good reason) because they're ahead of our check raising range, but are more vulnerable... along with these hands, two pair are likely shoves. Although I think he'll flat with a straight or a set (some mediocre % of time, player dependant) because of this bluffing frequncy that we have (and are about to take advantage of) and the fact the board is rainbow and he can slowplay something so strong, betting again is a chance we have to take because many more of his hands are in the medium strength made hand hoping you'll shut down category.

I thought this was somewhat basic, but given our clean image, gotta do it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good stuff.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:06 PM

iono why ppl always shoot true down, hard to say someone is right or wrong and if nothing else he brings another point of view
Old 05-23-2007, 11:09 PM

True is teh sex.