Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2007, 02:10 AM

Default Bodog

I deposited X amount of dollars into my bodog account. They accepted it and I was free to play. They then sent me an email saying that the instant check option is not going to be done anymore and they are taking the money out of my account which could leave you with a negative balance.

What legs do I have to stand on in regards to this?

Do I have to go out of my way to find a solution they feel will work?

Am I responsible if they decide after the fact to tell me they can't deposit in this fashion?
Old 01-20-2007, 02:18 AM

Default Re: Bodog

The key to this is that I lost the money so the account now shows negative.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:23 AM

str8 freerollin, i guess i wouldn't worry about it if i were u. i mean there really is nothing they can do about it, and it's very inconvenient for u to do anything about it.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:24 AM

presumably, the money is back in your checking account...?
Old 01-20-2007, 02:29 AM

Here is the email I got after the fact.

We're sorry.

Our provider has made a business decision to cease processing Instant Check transactions to individuals that reside in the United States and as a result, the 1 Instant Check deposits (totaling $***) that you made to your Bodog account (******) were not completed.

The amount from this transaction(s) has been adjusted from your eCash account. This may have placed your account in a negative balance. We ask that you kindly take a moment to review our deposit page for other convenient options so that you can repurchase and continue using your account.

We currently have several deposit options available, and at this time we recommend these methods:

Western Union (should you wish to deposit using this method we ask that you contact Customer Service at 1-888-263-0000 ext.2)
Credit Card
eWalletXpress
NUCharge
Please also note that winnings generated from your Instant Check transaction will be honored once your repurchase has been completed.

You can take comfort in knowing that our team has been preparing for this possibility for several months and has been researching and implementing a number of alternatives. There are several global providers eager to compete and provide services for US customers. Our eCommerce team is right now working at locations around the globe to solidify and develop these new and exciting alternatives for our players. eCommerce has always been one of our core strengths, and we have full confidence in our team's ability to provide the most diverse and dynamic package of deposit and withdrawal options available to customers.

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and look forward to continuing to do business with you. If you require more information, or assistance regarding our payout methods, please contact us at service@bodog.com or 1-888-263-0000, ext. 2.

Regards,

Bodog.com Payouts Team
Old 01-20-2007, 02:34 AM

I don't think anybody bad will happen to you if if you just ignore them forever...

The issue really is if you feel comfortable with stealing or not.
Old 01-20-2007, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The issue really is if you feel comfortable with stealing or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad gambling Karma is never good.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...our team has been preparing for this possibility for several months and has been researching and implementing a number of alternatives.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad you posted this, it makes me feel a little better about the situation.