Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 09:22 AM

Default 50NL - How would you play AA here?

This is my 5/6 hand in a 6max 50 NL, so no reads on villain.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Hero ($52.05)
BB ($24.85)
UTG ($45.75)
Button ($55.70)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $3.5</font>, Button folds, Hero calls $1.50.

comment: I didn't three bet preflop for two reasons. One, I didn't want to give away my hand strength, and two, I capped the action (not pricing anyone in).

Flop: ($7.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $2</font>, Hero calls $2.

comment: I decide to check since he raised last round even though this isn't the best flop for me. I can see the argument for a bet or c/r, but I don't feel it's best here.

Turn: ($11.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8.5</font>, BB calls $6.50.

comment: I guess I could lead this turn, but I still like a check. His 2 dollar bet confused me, so I decide to c/r. His flat call also confused me.

At this point,I feel he didn't hit on the flop unless he hit the flush. If he did have the flush, I feel he'd push AI to my raise. I doubt he had a set on the flop because he would have flat called my pre-flop raise for set value with a PP less than 88, and I doubt he bets 2 dollars into an 11 dollar pot with a set of jacks. My hand range on him here is AJ+,88+. He's sitting with 11 dollars going into the turn with a ~30 dollar pot.

River Question: What do you do when (1)the board pairs (2)a heart comes (3) a blank comes?
Old 05-31-2007, 09:29 AM

Default Re: 50NL - How would you play AA here?

4 bet preflop. You give freecards to any pps, scs and what not. Your raise looks like a steal, and you dont have to play with such tricky deception at NL50...

Raise flop to 8 or more. This lead by villain is so weak, and you give him another freecard.

So on the turn, you have absolutely no idea what he has. Could be air, could be a monster.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:33 AM

Wow, you made this hand a lot harder than it should have been.

Let's analyze:
1) You have AA.
2) Some half-stacked donk min-raised you.

Your solution:
1) Re-raise to $10 pre-flop. They NEVER fold after min-raising like that.
2) Shove the flop.
3) ????????
4) PROFIT.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:34 AM

Preflop:
Despite your reasons I still think you should 3 bet, personally his reraising your raise has already shown a lot of strength so you have to put him on strong holdings, so he's at least calling a reraise, maybe even coming over the top.

Flop:
Personally I would lead out with pot size bet here, youll find out where you are. His $2 bet is a little odd given the pot size, he could be doing a defensive bet with say AK, or he could have completely missed. As played, I would have raised to about $8-10.

Turn:
The Jack certainly didnt help him if say he was drawing to a flush and your check here risks giving a flush draw a free shot to outdraw you. Your definetely ahead here so just pot bet the turn.

River:
IMHO
1.Board pairs: check-call or make a small defensive bet. I really dont know what he has but Im pretty sure ahead if no heart falls on the river.

2.Heart comes: Most likely youll have to check fold

3.Blank comes: Bet. After your check raise on the turn he's much likely to check behind you with say AJ, a hand that would most likely call a value bet. Id lead out about 1/2 of the pot.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:37 AM

Reraise preflop $11,
...bet the flop,
...push the turn

is the standard line here - play it that way
Old 05-31-2007, 09:37 AM

Preflop:

Reraise to 6.

Flop:

Lead out like more than 3/4 pot. I'm not scared of a flopped flush here, i never am. It's 6max. The day someone flops a flush against me the loss will be covered by all the times i take it down betting like this.

Turn:

Probably will have taken it down or folded to a push here. If not, check it down.

I think you played this hand very weak. It also sounds like you play too tight since you "didn't want to give away the strength of your hand".

Get aggressive.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Let's analyze:
1) You have AA.
2) Some half-stacked donk min-raised you.

Your solution:
1) Re-raise to $10 pre-flop. They NEVER fold after min-raising like that.
2) Shove the flop.
3) ????????
4) PROFIT.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-31-2007, 09:48 AM

I agree that I played this hand very weak. I really tried to get too fancy for this level. I agree the best move would have been 4 betting to 11/12 pre. Then leading out. I just reviewed this hand this morning and was disgusted with this play, but I got lucky and ended up stacking him anyway. He had QQ.

edit: I've just started playing cash games. I normally 8 table sngs, so I'm a little new to the 50NL. I think it should be very easily beatable?
Old 05-31-2007, 10:00 AM

seriously this hand is so stupid?

what's with these noobs calling with AA preflop out of position???

for goodness sake this is 50NL get ur money in the pot.

really really this hand is so dumb i can't stand it.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:02 AM

don't be a jackass. If you're not even going to give feedback, GFY.