Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2007, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Official Stars Regulars Thread

[ QUOTE ]
anyone else find it hilarious that TWP sees talented tom take one hand off and immediately labels him a fish? and now he's got the same "everybody is wrong and i'm gonna talk about it an an adamant tone" out of habit even though all he's talkikng about is whether someone sucks cuz they didn't bet Q9 in a limped pot

[/ QUOTE ]
that was one quick example, not the basis for my opinion of his game. but it is indicative of a poor player. in any case, i will continue to look for TT at the tables since i enjoy his company. if he starts to own me I will reconsider my evaluation.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
gogUmaGog has one gear, and its spewtardy

[/ QUOTE ]
That's not true. I have spewtardy and slightly-less-spewtardy. The second gear happens to be enough to crush the games.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dude, you didnt get named because nitty grinders who play 10x more hands than other people arent the 'best' players even if they win the most money.

[/ QUOTE ]

But if they win more then the best, isnt that better? Its all about the money.

[/ QUOTE ]
No. "Best" means highest sustainable win rate, IMO. I suppose it's a skill to be able to grind out a million hours, but I think most people could do it if they put their mind to it.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dude, you didnt get named because nitty grinders who play 10x more hands than other people arent the 'best' players even if they win the most money.

[/ QUOTE ]

But if they win more then the best, isnt that better? Its all about the money.

[/ QUOTE ]
No. "Best" means highest sustainable win rate, IMO. I suppose it's a skill to be able to grind out a million hours, but I think most people could do it if they put their mind to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

hourly rate > win rate
Old 03-13-2007, 05:22 PM

I agree that hourly rate is a better definition of "win rate" than a per hand definition.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone else find it hilarious that TWP sees talented tom take one hand off and immediately labels him a fish? and now he's got the same "everybody is wrong and i'm gonna talk about it an an adamant tone" out of habit even though all he's talkikng about is whether someone sucks cuz they didn't bet Q9 in a limped pot

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes almost wrote a similar post but then realized everyone is already thinking this.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:27 PM

I'm actually curious what people think of me since my name wasn't mentioned in the good or bad category. I've had a nasty breakeven stretch and am wondering if I really am one of the TAGfish, thoughts?
Old 03-13-2007, 05:32 PM

cts and good2cu were probably the only guys at 5/10 I really got annoyed by... haven't really been in any major pots [that I can remember] with skier_5 though he seems to play pretty good. right now life is easy because I run good.

oh and Lyric can be tough.

From what I remember I have done well against talentedtom, bri-c, unsyatisfied, etc.

And TWP, using that hand to call talentedtom a fish is [censored] ridiculous. Definitely not a fish, probably bigger winner than you from what I've seen.

Also I don't think vaesolis is good, and preposterous is way easier to deal with than he used to be IMO.

edit: in general a lot of the regulars play the same way all the time and are very easy to play against.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes almost wrote a similar post but then realized everyone is already thinking this.

[/ QUOTE ]
How do you people jump from my posting one hand to my making my assessment of his play off of that one hand? Nice logic, boys. And what's the point in saying "Well, from my experience playing with him at the table, I think that he probably has a few areas to improve." Isn't it just easier to say that he sucks? Anyone with half a brain would know what I meant...
Old 03-13-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm actually curious what people think of me since my name wasn't mentioned in the good or bad category. I've had a nasty breakeven stretch and am wondering if I really am one of the TAGfish, thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's like you are constantly itching to play big pot out of position with mediocre hands.