Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2006, 02:30 PM

Default Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip 12/4

The Christmas Show

I'm probably the only one still watching this show, but I feel it's really been fantastic the last few weeks. Last night's episode reminded me - in only good ways - of The West Wing. Crisp, sharp writing...interesting story-lines, funny and touching.

Amanda Peete continues to impress, as does Mathew Perry.

They even had a skit on the show that was pretty damn funny! (Santa gets surprised by the "To Catch a Predator" crew)

Thoughts? Flames? Apathetic "mehs?"
Old 12-05-2006, 02:32 PM

Default Re: Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip 12/4

I'm watching it, but later on. I have been trying to see it all morning but the dang NBC website kept giving me Video Not Found. I'll watch it online with the wife tonight.

I know a lot of people have been hating on it, but I'm still enjoying it and I really think they hit their stride. I have to disagree that I am hating Amanda's though, but its mainly her character, not her. They have done a marvelous job of tearing her down from strong, smart independant woman to whiny preggers wench. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Ray
Old 12-05-2006, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm watching it, but later on. I have been trying to see it all morning but the dang NBC website kept giving me Video Not Found. I'll watch it online with the wife tonight.

I know a lot of people have been hating on it, but I'm still enjoying it and I really think they hit their stride. I have to disagree that I am hating Amanda's though, but its mainly her character, not her. They have done a marvelous job of tearing her down from strong, smart independant woman to whiny preggers wench. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Ray

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think she's shown weakness just because she's gotten pregnant. Only vulnerability. Plus, she has a good moment with Steven Weber that is like the Jordan of the first few episodes you liked - strong and opinionated!
Old 12-05-2006, 02:36 PM

Studio 60 has gotten so good it's ridiculous. I feel bad for the people who stopped watching after a couple mediocre episodes.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think she's shown weakness just because she's gotten pregnant. Only vulnerability. Plus, she has a good moment with Steven Weber that is like the Jordan of the first few episodes you liked - strong and opinionated!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll look forward to tonight then. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I wasn't saying she was showing weakness because she got pregnant. She's obvoiusly showing weakness because, despite her doing a pretty good job (in her opinion), she's getting torn down and beat up left and right. But the majority of it is her own fault as she makes bad decision after bad decision regarding dealing with the press, her husband, and the board of directors. It's like she has great business sense and zero common sense. There's also a weird feeling to me that she treats NBS as her plaything to experiment with and do things she thinks will be fun or cool, and is not taking the job nearly serious enough.

Ray
Old 12-05-2006, 02:44 PM

I'm still watching, and it's getting much better. Enjoyed last night very much.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:46 PM

I really like the show, I was excited for it from when they announced it and although it ranks behind both Sports Night and the West Wing, it's unfair to whole it to that standard, and judged alone it's still quite good.

Only question coming out of last night's show was who are the bad guys now? Steven Weber's character has gone noble and the two bad writers are out of the picture, only potential foils left now are the new director guy whose into Harriet and potentially the father of Jordan's baby, which would mean collapsing the show into being entirely about Matt and Danny's will they/won't they relationships, which could be a huge mistake.

In any case, I'll be watching.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:50 PM

Since they returned from Parumph or Podunk or wherever they were the show has been on a roll. I was really close to giving it up after the lame conclusion to the two-parter but I'm glad that I've hung in there.

The Santa Claus / To Catch a Predator skit was very good.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:51 PM

It's been much better, but I still wasn't blown away by last night (the prior two weeks were on fire though).
Old 12-05-2006, 02:55 PM

Do you think the Studio 60 writers intentionally had fairly crappy unfunny skits aired on the first few weeks to show much funnier the show is without the Ricky/Ron/old writers group? Each of the last few weeks (after the disappointing conclusion to the Parumph arc), I've found myself laughing at the actual skits more and more.