Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2006, 01:20 AM

Default The Circuit over?

I was just watching live at the bike and bart said that the circuit radio show was done with. Anyone know what happened?

im pissed
Old 10-31-2006, 01:21 AM

Default Re: The Circuit over?

If this is true I'm not suprised. It sucked hard after Matusow left
Old 10-31-2006, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt think it was too bad but it was definitely something that I enjoyed listening to during the workday.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was about to type that after I read title. They tried to sell it off that Mike was just too 'unstable' to co-host a good radio show after he left, but it was his emotions themselves that made the show so entertaining for me. And when he wasn't on a tirade, the guy could talk tournament poker. Gavin Smith and Joe Sebok developed good chemistry with Huff, but tried too hard to be cute and the discussions weren't as interesting.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it was alright for a while, but it got worse as time went on. the last couple episodes that they did were absolutely aweful.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know what happened?

[/ QUOTE ]

according to Sebok's myspace blog, Huff pulled the plug:

"Fear & Loathing on "The Circuit"...; Elizabeth, IN

"The Circuit" really grew to be something that all participants truly loved. Scott, Danny, Gavin, and I had such a great time creating the show for all of you that it rarely felt like work at all.

With that said, it seems that all good things must come to an end...for now at least.

It has been well documented that Scott wishes to take another path with his professional career. Are we disappointed? Of course. Do we understand? Without a doubt. I wish him all the best with whatever he gets involved in, and I hope to be able to join forces with him somewhere down the road in another project. Who knows where this wacky and wild ride will take us all...

Scott
It was great. It was fun. It was great fun. When you weren't refereeing between Gavin and I, you were simply creating the best poker-tainment that was out there. You invited us to just get in the car with you while you drove it, and for that I will always be very grateful. No doubt, you felt underappreciated and overworked at times, but take it to heart my man, you were not. I will miss you on the road both professionally and personally. You helped me to retain my sanity more than you know, and became one of my best friends along the way...

Danny
You, my friend, were simply the heartbeat of "The Circuit". You kept us rolling, you subtly nudged us, and you were the one who made us sound like we knew what we were talking about. The fans may never know it, but the truth is that you were the one who gave them the show that they had grown accustomed to. We had so much faith in you to clean up our messes that it became almost second nature to know that you held the net for when we fell. I will miss your handpounds and eyebrow raises across the microphones. Of course, we do still have golf...someday...

Gavin
What can I say? You are simply an idiot of unbelievable proportions. There is just no other way to put it. Just kidding, my man! You are the yin to my yang and we brought the noise on the show each and every episode. I appreciate you forcing me to rethink my thinkings and consider other possibilities. You are a great friend and we both know that we do not need the show to maintain contact. I will see you on a poker table very soon, no doubt...

ShronkDaddy
Our little engine that could. You brought creative juice to the show and it became markedly better once you arrived. I dearly wish that we could have kept you on for longer, but things are not always in the hands of those who know best. I have no doubt that you will get into something awesome soon, so don't sweat it too much. If not, I will be more than happy to feed you for a while...

The Fans
You guys are the ones. You made the show. You continually gave us ideas of new things to do. You fired us up. You pissed us off. You made us want to put something out that you loved. You let us know when you loved something. You let us know when you hated something. Most of all, you CARED and we love you guys uncontrollably for that. You will alll always have a spot on my fantasy team...

So, that's it. A chapter closes, but who knows when one will begin again. "The Circuit" may make a comeback and kick ass again, or it may fade into obscurity. I will make no promises, and thus be forced not to tell you any lies. Just know that it was an awesome time and we were fortunate to be able to bring it to you.

Until next time...

peace,
J"
Old 10-31-2006, 02:28 AM

almost shed a tear there...
Old 10-31-2006, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely disagree. I actually liked it better with Joe and Gavin. When Matusow was on it was all about Mike and depended on his mood. Plus how can you have a host who is absent about a third of the time? I loved the Circuit near the end, and if it's really gone, I'm very disappointed.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:26 AM

You are in the minority
Old 10-31-2006, 04:07 AM

I enjoyed the show, but pretty much only for the interviews. Brad Booth and Haralabos were amazing, and all Hellmuth interviews were hilarious. I'm sure something else will pop up, Gavin and Joe seemed to have a lot of fun with the show.