Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 01:53 PM

Default Aggression on draws- NL25

How aggressive are you guys betting your draws when in position? This can apply for flush draws, OESD, combo draws.

Obviously opponent is a major factor so discuss how you would play this against the four types of players (Tight aggressive, tight passive, loose aggressive, and loose passive). When do you double barrel and when do you take a free card? How to proceed on river against those 4 opponents when you miss- bluff or give up?

Fold equity and implied odds are also factors that can be discussed.

Thanks- enjoy the debate!

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($21.30)
UTG ($18.50)
MP ($7.60)
CO ($25.85)
hero ($25.35)
SB ($36.30)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">hero raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $1.

Flop: ($2.85) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">hero bets $2.25</font>, UTG calls $2.25.

Turn: ($7.35) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">hero bets $5</font>, UTG calls $5.

River: ($17.35) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Old 10-19-2007, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Aggression on draws- NL25

with this, very hard.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:03 PM

To clarify- flop aggression is not the issue. It's with the turn and river with these different type of opponents.

This hand is just an example I made up - the question applies to any flopped draw w/ 8+ outs.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:07 PM

Id take the free card on the turn. that way if you miss you're not $5 down and if you hit he may lead the river taking your check for weakness.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:47 PM

Against a TAG or anyone else heads-up, I'd lead out with a c-bet. In this particular hand, I'd check behind on the turn against a TAG so I can get a free river card. I'd fire a second barrel against a loose or tight passive player because they're usually willing to float the flop but fold to another turn bet (especially loose passive players). Against LAGtards, I'm calling anything reasonable on the turn and folding to a river bet without making my hand. LAGtards will typically check-raise or raise your bet in these situations to try and take the hand away from you. So betting against them is usually spew unless you have made hand that can win at showdown like TPTK (you have AK/AQ, LAGtard has AT-A7), top 2 pair, or a combo draw like a FD+OESD or FD+TPTK worth felting. I hope this helps. I'm playing NL2 and NL10 and that's just what I've observed at those levels. I don't think this changes much until you get to .50/1

AC
Old 10-19-2007, 02:51 PM

I bet the flop against everyone, i bet the turn against everyone who wont CR me and i bet it especially against calling find who will go to SD with what they have right now.

Then ill bet river huge when i hit.

However most good tags wont Limp/call utg so the discussion is limited with regaurds to this HH.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:55 PM

check behind turn, getting check raised on the turn is a bummer..flop lookd good and id shove is he raises there but on the turn ur equity isnt that great and if he shovesover ur turn bet its a bad spot
Old 10-19-2007, 03:05 PM

I'd take a turn free card here most the time. One factor you left out in your contemplations is stack size. Here on the turn, villian only has 15 left. Before you bet the pot is already 1/2 his remaining stack, so you aren't getting much to fold. Furthermore your $5 turn bet puts you in a bad position if he c/r's AI - you'll have about 3.7-to-1 odds and you pretty much have to call with your NFD/overcard outs. Because of this I think check behind &gt; push &gt; $5 bet on turn.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:06 PM

Have you read Tien's 6max fundamentals post? If not, go here. He goes over how to play OESD and combo draws. If you haven't read the post, just don't stop reading after his OP (original post). You'll see a lot of, "Great post, man" and yada yada yada. But if you view the entire thread he answers individual questions and provides links for people to view the hand history. I hope this helps.

AC