Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2007, 04:13 PM

Default poker trackers

i like to play a lot of $1 to $10 tournaments, i am thinking of getting some sort of poker tracker, when your playing in a tournament you play against a lot of players who could be anything, a decent player who is dropping down a level or a maniac who keeps getting knocked out in every game he plays, are the trackers good enough to help me,ive heard they can influance you into making bad calls, but if i know the poker history of a player as soon as he is transferd to my table i would know how i stand,also some of these trackers are free with a sign up to certain sites, some you have to buy, any advice please which trackers to get and which to steer clear of
Old 07-28-2007, 05:22 PM

Default Re: poker trackers

If you're talking about Poker Tracker/Poker Office which I think you are then I do think they're a worthwhile investment, even at the low limits I currently play.

I think you might misunderstand exactly how they work though.

Say You purchase Poker Tracker you will be able to keep at copy of every hand history you've played. This lets you see you stats such as how often you raise preflop, how much you win per 100 hands etc etc. Not only for you but also anyone you've played a hand with. You can also buy PAHUD which will display these stats for people at your table.

HOWEVER this only uses hands you've played with them or data-mined so obviously you won't automatically know a players style or success when you first see them. Over time once you have enough hands on someone the PAHUD stats are useful but not until you've played a decent amount of hands with the player.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:38 PM

thanks edukashun ,i have heard there are trackers which can give you the history of a player when they join your table for touraments and buyins they have recently played in,what position they finished,not really afer there stats, but if in software it can only help. i do not know for a fact that some poker trackers can tell me there history its only what ive been told,
Old 07-28-2007, 06:34 PM

maybe what you're looking for is Sharkscope .
It's a database of SnG tournament results.

There's one for MTT results as well but I don't know what it's called.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
maybe what you're looking for is Sharkscope .
It's a database of SnG tournament results.

There's one for MTT results as well but I don't know what it's called.

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.officialpokerrankings.com/