Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 06:45 AM

Default working out outs and calls

hi all, this is my first post, after being called a suckout i have re run this hand i played in a mtt the other day, any advice please, middle poss raises 2x bb to 800 everyone folds to me in bb , i call with ks 5s as he is allways betting every hand, the flop comes 2s 10s 5c, he bets 2000
i have 6000 left and think if i just call and dont hit, iam in trouble, so i work out my outs, if he has ace 10 which is the hand i put him on,i have 14 outs 58%, if he has 10 low kicker i have 15 outs62%, so as long as he hasent hit trips i am fav to win hand, so i decide to move all in for 6000, wanting a fold more then a call,he calls and he shows kd 10c, i am behind as king is now not a out for me,anyway yes i hit a spade and win the hand,all sorts of abuse comes up in chat,so i check out %s in poker calculator and find i was only 51% fav not 58% if he had ace 10,any help with that calculation please, also would it have been correct to call if he would of moved all after the flop,tempting but not sure,