Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2006, 01:19 PM

Default Good Strategy for sucky starcraft player

I am looking for solid strategy in starcraft brood wars final level omega as the zerg. I dont play the multiplayer, i dont have the time to become a micromanaging maniac so i just stick with campaigns for fun a few times a year or so, but i have never legitimately won this final level so i need help.

I suck with the zerg no doubt, but i have been practicing on prior levels leading to omega and i have discovered some big mistakes i.e. not giving defilers and devourers enough credit as far as usefulness.

A few questions id love to know,

who should i attack first? protoss, terran UED, or terran mengsk

What do your attack groups consist of?

Any other thoughts, links, about the zerg or the level would be great.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Good Strategy for sucky starcraft player

i beat this campaign when it came out...so what was that, 5 years ago? wow. dont actually remember it

anyways although you dont want to be a "micromanaging maniac", thats the easiest way to win.

i dont know what your facing but i'll make some assumptions

protoss: i'll assume archons are around so the best thing you can go is guards. doesn't have to be like 50 of them, but you can control group small numbers so you have them spread out easily. that along with hydra support should be okay. range range range, esp since there will probably be some reavers.

t: if they go goliath/tank, you can try to overrun with swarm/ultra/ling, or just guard/muta. i would say swarm/ultra/ling is preferred choice, and some queens with brood would be even better, but then thats dependant on your micro.

if they go bcs then its a piece of cake, dev/muta/scourge, or dev/hydra FTW
Old 07-28-2006, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Good Strategy for sucky starcraft player

I haven't played SC in a long time, but finishing that campaign was hella fun.

I really like Zergling rushing the Protoss early. The Protoss should not be able to deal with upgraded zergling hard and fast without tons of Psi Storm. Back it up with some Ultralisk if you can.

Then go for an air strike (Mutalisks, devourers, Guardians, etc) to take out Mengsk.

Make sure to expand and get tons of resources, constantly research and upgrade.

The UED to the north will be the toughest to take out, but considering you control most of the map at this point, you should have a fairly easy victory.

Remember to expand to every new resource point on the map, and consolidate. After you stop the initial wave, the computer will tend to sputter out, and send weak attacks you can easily take care of.