Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 03:39 PM

Default Re: Thremp - Hot Sizzle Summer Log

Surge rulezorz. You didn't by any chance get a flavored one did you? Curious how they are.

lol, there was a thread on t-nation a few days back about a guy who did a full serving pre-workout, one full during, and one post, and asking why he felt terrible.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:08 PM

Why machine bench press?
Old 07-12-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why machine bench press?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tilt.

Read the article linked above. Or reference the conversation from last week on the subject.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:18 PM

Another day. Had poor sleep last night. Affected workout. I seem to sweat like a fat kid doing these sets too. Kinda has a metcon effect for good or worse.

A1: Alternating Lunges - 40
A2: Situps - 10
Reps: 90

B1: Shrugs - 125
B2: Russian Twists - 2.5
Reps: 135

Notes: I realized halfway in the 2nd set that I was doing "power shrugs" whatev. I'll try to clean up form next week. I moved Russian Twists to the floor instead of on an incline situp machine which saves a ton of time. Lunges saw an 8.4% increase in the work done. Shrugs got a 39% increase. Some of this from bad form but the vast majority of it was from cutting time in switching exercises. I'm still much lower than my 10RM on this exercise. Well not "much" but enough that I can grind sets of 5 for almost the whole period with fairly passable form. Probably increase weight across the board and make form fairly strict.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:54 PM

Starting the third week. All is well more or less. Power problems today so I am annoyed at the whole world. Life goes on. /whine

A1: Pull ups - BW
A2: EZ Bar Skullcrushers - 45
Reps: 75

B1: Seated Row - 100
B2: Reverse Grip Pressdowns - 50
Reps: 88

Notes: 13% improvement in pull ups and skullcrushers. Will up weight for skullcrushers. ~20-25 reps of the pull-ups were dead hang which is solid. I'll take it. Going to try to keep form where it is and increase reps one last time without changing form. .5% improvement in seated row. Whoop whoop. I'll keep the weight the same for this workout next week. 10% improvement in tricep pressdown. Started Surge as of the last few workouts. I'm staving off any fat gain very well and look to be gaining a bit of mass. All in all a decent success.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:14 PM

Another day.

A1: Hyperextensions - 10
A2: Swiss Ball Crunches - 10
Reps - 110

B1: Leg Extensions - 125
B2: Leg Curls - 90
Reps: 100

Notes: I felt really excited about the workout today for some reason. Weight is currently 172 and a bit leaner than I was before when I weighed the same so I'd say so far the attempts at recomping are a success. I'll likely breakdown and do carbcycling next mesocycle. If anyone has good sources/expierences for that I'll be happy to listen. I'm not gonna calc work done because I'm lazy, but suffice to say that it went up substantially which I am happy with. Basketball players keep getting on these machines and moving the pads so I have no clue where to set them. Whatev. I'll likely up weight on atleast leg extensions or who knows. I dunno.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:01 PM

where in the edt articles does it talk about reps in the 20 minutes?
I tried this yesterday and for group A) pullups and triceps ext I got 45 and 43 reps.

The group B) Seated cable rows and Pressdowns I got 76 and 70 reps.

I am not sure which rep range would be better.

When you say this:

B1: Leg Extensions - 125
B2: Leg Curls - 90
Reps: 100

Is that 50 reps and 50 reps for each excercise or 100 reps for each one?
Old 07-18-2007, 01:10 PM

1C5,

In another article Staley talks about "preferring" ranges of 60-70 for his 15 minute sessions for the initial workouts. I was going to stick with these for the 20 minute sessions, but just realized that its way too little rep wise and I end doing too much failure training. So I'm trying to shoot for ~80 atm.

I'd probably stick with his recommendations at the moment if I was just trying this out. I usually do the same number of reps for each exercise and adjust each on a sliding scale. Sometimes when one exercise is really wiping you and the other is slightly easier... It gives a bit of rest instead of just constant wanting to die.

It's 100 reps per exercise.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:17 PM

Thanks.

What about the 15 min vs the 20 min. Just personal prefrence?

My tricpes and back are very, very sore today from the workout. I liked the 70 rep range better as with the 40 rep range I was way too close to failure on most of the sets, triceps especially.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:22 PM

1C5,

Yeah, you'll get really sore. Volume is very high. 20 min are the beginner workout and only 2 sets while most others have 3 sets and are 15 minutes. I took the beginner workout since it'd been a very long time since I did this much volume. Actually I have not used this much volume from before my layoff.

Good luck.