Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

View Poll Results: If your standard raise is 2BB its correct to stel ...than in limit
more 5 25.00%
less 15 75.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2007, 06:08 AM

Default Re: fans of The Wire: which character is your favorite?

Sebotka or Omar are probably my favorite.

I really like Marlo too, guy is STONE gangsta.

Brother Mouzone is super weak. Carcetti makes bile come up my throat, but he is done so so so well IMO. Ziggy was done really well too, I despised him at first but by the end he actually felt like an annoying ass cousin that you couldn't help but feel bad for. I could go on. Jesus this show is sick.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jesus this show is sick.

[/ QUOTE ]
Omar going through booking was the most suspenseful moment in the history of Cinema.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jesus this show is sick.

[/ QUOTE ]
Omar going through booking was the most suspenseful moment in the history of Cinema.

[/ QUOTE ]

season 4 is just flat out infuckingcredible... one of the best works of art there is.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jesus this show is sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

season 4 is just flat out infuckingcredible... one of the best works of art there is.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought the last episode in particular was insane.

Dukie sees Micheal having sex, the end of any sense of a childhood.

Randy giving Carver money and suggesting he try to bribe someone.

When Marlo asks Micheal were he got the ring from "I took it from a N----."

Bodie staying on the corner - "Youre not putting me in one of those vacants"
Old 11-15-2007, 11:54 AM

Just got through Season 3 on demand.

Wow, this is easily the best show on TV. Like, by 10 miles. Maybe the best TV show ever.

It is so depressing though. I mean, when I'm watching the episodes I am so engrossed that it doesn't really hit me. But they really stick with you- I find myself thinking about episodes/themes for days.

Favorite character: Stringer.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jesus this show is sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Omar's laugh during his DVD commentary (episode where he is on the stand in trial) is hilarious
Old 11-15-2007, 12:52 PM

Season 4 is even better than season 3 imo.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:44 PM

something interesting i noticed re-watching season three today is that in ep28 when omar's crew holds up the heavily guarded barksdale stash house, and gets into a firefight, it is omar's boyfriend who shoots their girl. it is made clear a couple times that she is shot in the front of the head, and when she is shot, she is running/facing away from the enemies. omar's boyfriend fires a haphazard shot as he's opening the car door that hits her.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:57 PM

from imdb on Season 5... lolz

1. Slim Charles will shoot Marlo, then run over his head with an SUV, popping Marlo's head like a melon. A $10,000 rim will fall off Charles' SUV and come to rest where Marlo's head used to be. Monk is shattered by Marlo's death, but admits that "he would have wanted that rim there". With Marlo dead, and Chris and Snoop locked up, the Stanfield organization falls apart.

2. Chris will turn out to have a full torso tattoo of blueprints for the state pen at Jessup, which he uses to escape. And he'll take his cellmate Snoop with him, since she succesfully convinced the justice system that she's a dude, and got sent to the same prison. Thanks to false information they'll believe that Omar is the one who got Marlo.

3. Burrell will leak the info about Daniels to a news station, trying to stop Daniels' promotion at the last minute; but right when it's going to air, a now-homeless Herc will rig up a homemade EMP from a microwave oven and some busted up antennas, and disable the TV station's transmitter, helping Daniels as part of his own revenge against Burrell. Daniels becomes Commissioner, and Burrell becomes an alcoholic wreck; before long we see that that Burrell's gambled away his meager savings and is now homeless.

4. It turns out that Randy's ideas about Chris being a zombie-master who creates "special dead", are true after all, as Chris digs up Stringer's body and revives him as an undead servant to send after Omar.

5. Something about reporters

6. Waylon, after getting food poisoning from the donuts at an NA meeting (or maybe from an Indian restaurant that he'd eaten at earlier that evening), spends a day horribly sick and dreaming about the Coney Island boardwalk and some fish. One of the fish speaks with Bub's voice, and says "You know I'm working with the cops, right?". While still sick, Waylon takes Bubs out to the docks. They get on a small boat and go out into the harbor, where a feverish Waylon accuses Bubs of being a snitch, shoots him and dumps him overboard. Nick Sobotka sees this from shore, but he's finally learned to just shut up and stay out of everything.

7. The homeless Herc will periodically encounter the homeless Burrell and beat him with a pipe, then take his shoes. One of the newspapers does a fluff piece about the homeless, and gets pictures of Herc whomping on Burrell, but gives it a caption like "the homeless are often cruel to each other" without having a clue who the two of them are, because it's too complex a story for the papers to cover.

8. The Greeks will pack up and return home through the Stargate, which permanently ceases functioning once they've all stepped through. Prop Joe, watching it shut down, says to Cheese, "Now I'm truly f_cked." Cheese is too astonished by the Stargate to worry about Joe's fate, and just replies "That sh_t was unseemly."

9. Avon's brother (Revlon) will finally come out of his coma, but after all those years he's got no heart for the game, and more importantly he now has the psychic ability to see the future when he touches someone's hand. When he's leaving the hospital, Revlon bumps into Renaldo, who's there for his biannual AIDS testing.

10.From the brief physical contact, Revlon can psychically see that in the near future, Renaldo will be there as a bystander when an undead, unstoppable Stringer kills Omar. Revlon follows Renaldo, and at the last second manages to convince Zombie-Stringer to let Omar go and return to the grave.

11. It looks like a happy ending for both Revlon and Omar, but then Revlon has the misfortune of bumping into Rawls at a Whole Foods Market. The ensuing psychic vision, of Rawls bumping uglies with Jay Landsman later that night (why do you think Jay was laughing so hard at the graffiti?), causes Revlon to claw his own eyes out and die of blood loss on the spot.

12. McNulty will return to being a drunken wreck, Beadie will kick him out, then Elena (who's sick of Dennis) will take him back in one night when they're both hammered. In the middle of the night, McNulty wakes up to see that some menacing figure is in the darkened room with them, standing ominously over the bed. In the dim moonlight from the window, McNulty can make out a tag on the figure's jacket reading "Members Only". Then the screen cuts to black for 30 seconds, the series is over, and we never have a friggin clue what the hell that last scene was supposed to mean.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:04 PM

put a spoiler tag on that even if it's probably not true