Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes

Old 11-12-2007, 03:53 PM

Default Re: a hand vs PA, 200/400 HU

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
vn hand Krantz, ty.

can you remember how high a pocket pair he can possibly flat?

[/ QUOTE ]

i would think he calls with TT and JJ significantly more frequently than he reraises them this deep. QQ+ and he would reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

krantz,

I don't think this is true, I think he is capable of flatting the big pairs (although is reraising them the majority of the time), and for TT and JJ is probably calling about 1/2 the time.... and I've watched Patrik play a LOT

river is tough and probably a fold. I agree with your thoughts on Patriks game as well and think he gets away with calling too much in the bb because he reraises so infrequently- he does the same thing in 6 max in the bb vs. a steal raise.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:56 PM

Given that he CRs the flop a LOT and follows through on the turn a LOT, his range before he river bet is obviously quite wide. So now he is looking at that river and having to decide if its a good card for him to fire his final barrell at. Obv its very "level" dependant but Im thinking that he knows that river card looks gross to most of our range, so hes prob following through on his bluffs with a high frequency and thus we need to call here.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:08 PM

Please play HS again, u were so fun to watch!
Old 11-12-2007, 04:36 PM

Against an opponent like you described, something stupid like min raising his turn leads a lot would be awesome. The thing on the turn is that not only do we think about extracting value, but there are so many cards we don't want to see on the river ([img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6, 4, T).

Particularly since it seems like he has been getting the better of you on the turn, I feel that's the street here to put more money in (he must have over card + [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] a lot, not to mention trips or maybe some sort of PP + [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]).
Old 11-12-2007, 05:32 PM

based on the fact that you said he is c/r flops so often and not slowing down on almost all turns, makes this a turn shove to protect your hand. as played id flip a coin on the river.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think a flop 3bet is a massive mistake, for a couple reasons. It might be ok if the board was like 742 w/ 2 clubs , but the fact that the board is paired, as well as the fact that we are 80k deep- not 60k or 40k makes 3betting a real big mistake. I doubt you get a fold from bigish hands, and you probably get played back at w/ a lot of bigger draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

My problem with calling is that we haven't done anything to define his range since he basically check-raises everything, and overcards still have a ton of equity. I guess we can shove turn on a blank, but if he checks are we going to fire? I feel like calling is going to result in him showing down A high or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

So? I'd rather 3bet with total air here. What are you doing if 4 bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously dude, 3-betting this flop is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad
Old 11-12-2007, 06:46 PM

i would raise the turn and my reasoning is that it feels like he's strong, and you still beat most of the hands in his "strong" range. given yet another giant bet on the river, i think his range tightens up even further to one that now has your hand beat, so i would fold.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would raise the turn and my reasoning is that it feels like he's strong, and you still beat most of the hands in his "strong" range. given yet another giant bet on the river, i think his range tightens up even further to one that now has your hand beat, so i would fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

see, i think krantz made it soundl ike his river betting range > turn calling (or shoving) range. i also think calling gives us a good chance to look like we have two queens or two nines, where raising the turn over reps our hand in some regards. krantz def didn't say taht he had been bluff raising often or anything.

still, i have nooo problem raising hte turn, i'm just trying to say why i think it's bad in this situation with described history.

i still thin kit's fine and would do it some % of the time, maybe like half.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:40 PM

Played perfectly imo and call river. One consideration is that you need to show PA this type of hand in this spot so you can have more flexibility with lines you take in the future when he inevitably c/r the flop.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given that he CRs the flop a LOT and follows through on the turn a LOT, his range before he river bet is obviously quite wide. So now he is looking at that river and having to decide if its a good card for him to fire his final barrell at. Obv its very "level" dependant but Im thinking that he knows that river card looks gross to most of our range, so hes prob following through on his bluffs with a high frequency and thus we need to call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

but i think that PA also knows on this board krantz is going to talk himself into calling a lot v PA's "range." So I don't think he's bluffing this as much as we think. Hence a fold.