Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-06-2007, 03:13 PM

Default Re: Heroes Love/Hate Fest 11/5/7

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When was it established that Kensei/Adam killed Sulu? I don't think they ever actually said that. Are we figuring that to be the case because of the fall and then him just getting up and walking away? Couldn't it just as easily have been Mori playing with Sulu's mind?

[/ QUOTE ] It wasn't necessarily Adam (especially Nakamura's comment when he saw him makes it seem like it wasn't Adam), but given today's episode it was 95%+ Adam. And no, it could not be Parkman's dad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why can't it be Parkman's dad? Nightmare man is Adam's henchman. Adam issues the orders. Nightmare man executes them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they jumped off a [censored] building, thats why. Nakamura cracked his head open and the other guy walked away. Had to be Kensei/Adam.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

4. It's Mohinder that shoots HRG

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I'm guessing he's kissing Nikki in the photo.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Some things from this week's show

1. Adam murdered Hiro's dad
3. Adam is Claire's father
3. Mohinder for having some degree in something is still an idiot
4. It's Mohinder that shoots HRG
5. I want to kill pretty-boy flying douche

[/ QUOTE ]

Three or four out of five isn't bad. 1, 3, and 5 are certain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I know that in season 1 they said Nathan is Claire's father. They are going to pull a switch and say that wasn't true and Momma Petrilla made Nathan think that to keep him in line politically. They are setting up the big surprise that Adam is really her father.

[/ QUOTE ]

This does seem pretty likely. Certainly feels like something Angela and the rest of the old timers would do.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Still pissed off at Claire for being an idiot. That whole thing with her completely ignoring her family because of some 2 week old fling is so unrealistic and stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, because teenaged girls have been renowned throughout human history for their Vulcan like rationality and logic.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hiro was Kensei(the stor version) from the past all along...that's pretty clear too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all. They fixed it to make it that way so that things weren't changed, but him having been Kensei all along breaks all the rules for time travel they've set up in the show.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does it break the rules? This is the 2nd time Hiro went into the past, and it made sense both times and he did what already was done.

[/ QUOTE ]

For Hiro to have "always" been Kensei, that would imply that it's all destined and nothing they do in time travel changes anything, but then all these future trips to post-apocalyptic worlds wouldn't be happening.

Also, when Hiro went back in time the first time with the waitress, he did change things, just not much. Firstly, he was not in the pictures until after he changed things. Secondly, she didn't recognize him when they met in the original version of the timeline which she obviously would have.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't change your world's past, only its' future since it hasn't happened yet is my theory.

Hiro gave her a book in the past, a book she already had when they first met in the present since Hiro gave it to her in the past. She just pretended not to know him.

And I'm saying Adam killed Sulu as revenge for the Kensei-Hiro fued.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hiro was Kensei(the stor version) from the past all along...that's pretty clear too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all. They fixed it to make it that way so that things weren't changed, but him having been Kensei all along breaks all the rules for time travel they've set up in the show.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does it break the rules? This is the 2nd time Hiro went into the past, and it made sense both times and he did what already was done.

[/ QUOTE ]

For Hiro to have "always" been Kensei, that would imply that it's all destined and nothing they do in time travel changes anything, but then all these future trips to post-apocalyptic worlds wouldn't be happening.

Also, when Hiro went back in time the first time with the waitress, he did change things, just not much. Firstly, he was not in the pictures until after he changed things. Secondly, she didn't recognize him when they met in the original version of the timeline which she obviously would have.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't change your world's past, only its' future since it hasn't happened yet is my theory.

Hiro gave her a book in the past, a book she already had when they first met in the present since Hiro gave it to her in the past. She just pretended not to know him.

[/ QUOTE ] So everyone just pretended they didn't know him? Did they also cunningly swap the birthday picture with one that included him?
Old 11-06-2007, 05:22 PM

IIRC, only Charlie talked to Hiro on the day of her death.

You can affect the past (picture), but not change it. (Charlie)

(See Novikov self-consistency principle on wiki for more on this style of time travel)
Old 11-06-2007, 06:31 PM

I just watched this episode and I am pretty pumped for next week.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just watched this episode and I am pretty pumped for next week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Next week's a flashback though. Are you hyped for that, or for what will happen next (2 weeks)?

And I just read, if the strike is not averted/ended fast enough, Heroes Season Finale is Dec 3rd.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because they jumped off a [censored] building, thats why. Nakamura cracked his head open and the other guy walked away. Had to be Kensei/Adam.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ando watched it happen right, so I guess it can't have been Maury, but Ando never saw anyone land, so it didnt have to be regen, it could have been flight or teleportation. There are still several people in the company picture that we do not know.

I think it is most likely that it was Adam, but by no means is it for sure.

As for Adam being Claire's dad, are you we now saying that Claire's Mom lied to her about Nathan as well? She seemed pretty sure, and she oughta know, she seemed like a real classy broad to me.