Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2007, 11:01 AM

Default Re: Heroes Episode 19 official thread

His origional power is what he used to kill the first victim (who had the telekinesis IIRC).

He is able to work out machines, both mechanical and biological (essentially the brain is a biological computer of massive complexity) and he is able to somehow integrate that into his own brain.

There is an episode coming up which gives more backstory on Sylar, so hopefully it will be explained more.

I think its a given that he is able to use super hearing and telekinesis together, as that is the only way he could have know where Peter was in the fight.

Also, it is merely a theory that Peter cannot use more than one power at once. The lack of evidence to the contrary is not evidence of confirmation.

Edit: If he can only use one power, he is gonna have a hard time beating Sylar if the anticipated battle between the two commences. He cant hide and fight (hell, he cant even hide) and the telekinesis would almost cancel itself out, BUT Sylar has way more practice at it. Thats not to mention whatever powers Sylar has picked up along the way that we dont know about yet (he can fake his own death OR he can revive himself after death for a good example).

A good question is also this. If Sylar has the waitress girl's super memory, how much of the list will he remember? Surely it will be more than the nothing it appears to be (his only lead was the clipping about the painter dude).
Old 04-26-2007, 11:34 AM

There is a difference between passive skills, like super hearing and super memory, and active skills. The super hearing woman could not turn it off if I understood her correctly. It's possible that Sylar and Peter can't use two active skills at once. (Peter doesn't have any passive skills.)
Old 04-26-2007, 11:38 AM

A few things I think need to be addressed:

1) Sylar's original power can't kill anyone. The first guy he bashed his head in to 'see how it works'. From there he used those telekenetic powers to do it cleaner.

2) It was never confirmed that the girl w/ super memory died from Sylar after Hiro went back in time. I wouldn't assume that he has that power at all. It's never been mentioned.

3) Sylar CAN use multiple powers at once. Telekenisis + Command people powers are used in conjunction all the time. Peter however, has not been able to do it. My guess is just because of practice. He only knows how to pull powers out 'one at a time'.

4) When Peter painted it was good, why is Sylar's so bad? From the way it was portrayed it should be like a paint by number.

5) Claire/Peter weakness - She wouldn't know that the stick was lodged in her brain, she would only know what happened to Peter.

6) The whole Sylar/Peter/Mohindir fight was absolutely awful and unbelieveable. None of it makes sense. They could have done that so much better

Enough listing, but I can't wait to have confirmation on Peter's mom's power, Linderman's power (I assume he has one too) and Hiro's dad. Also, do you think that they are the first generation (Peter's mom) or there were some before?
Old 04-26-2007, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I think its a given that he is able to use super hearing and telekinesis together, as that is the only way he could have know where Peter was in the fight.

[/ QUOTE ]

He sent glassing flying in all directions though, which would indicate that he didn't know where Peter was, and was just hoping to hit something.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3) Sylar CAN use multiple powers at once. Telekenisis + Command people powers are used in conjunction all the time.

[/ QUOTE ] Command people? wtf. Sylar doesn't have that power, does he?
Old 04-26-2007, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Command people? wtf. Sylar doesn't have that power, does he?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. He got it from the pixie chick that was playing Mohinder. He killed her to escape from Primatech after he tried to kill Claire.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Linderman's power (I assume he has one too)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, did you miss the beginning of the episode? He made a plant come back to life. We aren't sure whether he can actaully bring dead things back or heal dying things, but clearly he has a power.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Command people? wtf. Sylar doesn't have that power, does he?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. He got it from the pixie chick that was playing Mohinder. He killed her to escape from Primatech after he tried to kill Claire.

[/ QUOTE ] No? She shot herself in the head so he couldn't get it. Did you see the shocked look on his face when she turned the gun on herself and smiled? If he had that power people would do as he said when he used his weird Eden-like voice, but they don't.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mohinder is a complete retard.

Sylar is unconscious. [censored] kill him already! Just kill him! Cave his skull in with something heavy. Slit his throat. Hell, put a plastic bag over his head. But kill him already!

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen. In my mind, this is a major plot disconnect.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2) It was never confirmed that the girl w/ super memory died from Sylar after Hiro went back in time. I wouldn't assume that he has that power at all. It's never been mentioned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who the hell else would have killed her? It's ridiculous to think there'd be some other killer out there that the writers have just ignored.

[ QUOTE ]
3) Sylar CAN use multiple powers at once. Telekenisis + Command people powers are used in conjunction all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? Sylar doesn't have the "command people" power. Eden blew her own head off to prevent Sylar from taking it. He does do the "dark and spooky voice" thing, but that's just dramatic effect, no super power.

[ QUOTE ]
4) When Peter painted it was good, why is Sylar's so bad? From the way it was portrayed it should be like a paint by number.

[/ QUOTE ]

When Peter painted it still wasn't nearly professional looking and was very different from Issac. Issac is a trained and talented artist. Peter is a guy with some natural talent, or maybe he's had some classes. Sylar is neither. As an artist, Issac>Peter>Sylar that's all.

[ QUOTE ]
Enough listing, but I can't wait to have confirmation on Linderman's power

[/ QUOTE ]

Linderman demonstrated his power in the episode. He made some withered flowers bloom. He has healing powers. Or power over life and death. Or he's good with plants (Chlorophyll Kid)