Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 09:40 PM

Location: Im at the Red Lobster and I\'m eatin\' all the shriiimp!
Default Percentages of Common Situations In NL

Hi I'm looking for a chart or something that has percentages listed for common occurences in NLHE with one card to come/two cards to come. IE what is the percentage chance of you hitting your four flush by the river with two cards to come? Percentage chance of making two pair when you have one on the flop. Etc.

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-23-2007, 09:55 PM

Default Re: Percentages of Common Situations In NL

Had a reply in beginner post about %. I like Phil Gordon's 4 and 2 formular in his book. Take number of outs on turn times four and have % of hitting on turn and number of outs on river times 2 for % to make it on river
Old 09-23-2007, 09:56 PM

Unless someone took a huge sampling of actual hands and did all the number crunching, what you are asking is impossible. However, if you know, or assume you know the opponent's pocket cards, it can be calculated. However, I don't think you are talking about the situation where you know the opponent's cards, are you ?
Old 09-23-2007, 10:00 PM

OK, I just realozed I misread your post. Sorry. I was answering your percentage of winning the hand, not hitting your flush/straight, etc.
There are tons of charts out there. Google the following and you should find plenty:
"no limit hold'em" +odds
Old 09-24-2007, 12:06 AM

I agree with the easy 4/2 x outs rule, but I think many beginners do not take into account the 4x on the turn assumes you are going to see the turn and the river. Otherwise you are "about" the same percentage per card. If you only plan on calling the turn because you think you will get raised out before the river take into account you are not getting a 4 x 9 or 36% odds, you actually have 9/46 or a little less than 20% per card chance of hitting your flush, if you put over that much of the pot in to see only one card you are not getting the right odds. If you think you are up against a set already take into account that there is also after the turn a 10/44 chance the board will pair, or almost 23%, that is assuming you put your opponent on a set which gives you 8 known cards (of course you don't know for sure but isn't that part of poker using the most knowledge you can, I think it is foolish to not adjust your odds if you are good enough to put your opponent on a hand), so he is getting about the same odds to hit his fh when he already has you beat that you are of hitting a possible winner that still could lose. My favorite t-shirt is the one that says "I have to go to community college because my daddy goes all in on flush draws", it amazes me how many people think that flush draw is golden, especially in omaha, I see all in all the time with no other option of winning, of course I understand the aspect of it being a semi-bluff, and I'm rambling, but just thought I'd clarify to the best of my understanding the 4/2 rule. Any thoughts are appreciated. Steve