Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2006, 02:35 AM

Default Re: what aba20 can do in a day...

This must be
Old 08-18-2006, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think a lot of the hate and skepticism comes from the fact that nobody from 2p2 really knows him. If Schneids came in a posted about winning a lot of money in a short period of time everyone would be congratulating him on his success because he is active amongst 2p2ers outside of this forum and he has a lot of friends who are glad to see him succeed. But instead of that we have a bunch of mid limit NL players who don't know [censored] about anything oozing with jealously and hatred because they'll never ever be as good as him.

[/ QUOTE ]

it takes some real talent to be able to type so coherently with abas balls in your mouth. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I cant help myself but thats god damn funny. No offense to aba or sponger.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a lot of the hate and skepticism comes from the fact that nobody from 2p2 really knows him. If Schneids came in a posted about winning a lot of money in a short period of time everyone would be congratulating him on his success because he is active amongst 2p2ers outside of this forum and he has a lot of friends who are glad to see him succeed. But instead of that we have a bunch of mid limit NL players who don't know [censored] about anything oozing with jealously and hatred because they'll never ever be as good as him.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL no one is hating and literally I think noone is unhappy to see him succeed. Seriously read the posts. People have just said that in order to move from 2/4 to crushing 100/200 in 6 months you have to run good. Actually Schneids posted several times in these threads saying the same.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:59 AM

That burn was so good that if I didn't actually know Thatpfunk, I probably would have had to dedicate my life to tracking him down and killing him.
Old 08-18-2006, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL no one is hating and literally I think noone is unhappy to see him succeed. Seriously read the posts. People have just said that in order to move from 2/4 to crushing 100/200 in 6 months you have to run good. Actually Schneids posted several times in these threads saying the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong! You really don't have to "run good" if you're actually that good, you just have to play. You don't think that the best NL players online could take a 20 buy in bankroll at 2/4nl and move up to the highest games online within six months if they were completely deciated to this task?

Also, if you can't spot the hate in every thread that aba20 posts about his results it looks like you need to read the posts better than I do.
Old 08-18-2006, 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong! You really don't have to "run good" if you're actually that good, you just have to play. You don't think that the best NL players online could take a 20 buy in bankroll at 2/4nl and move up to the highest games online within six months if they were completely deciated to this task?

Also, if you can't spot the hate in every thread that aba20 posts about his results it looks like you need to read the posts harder than I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Wrong! You really don't have to "run good" if you're actually that good, you just have to play.You don't think that the best NL players online could take a 20 buy in bankroll at 2/4nl and move up to the highest games online within six months if they were completely deciated to this task?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think my main point would be that this isn't true.

Secondarily, PLZ do research b4 you post. I read all the threads today. 95%+ people patting aba on the back. Snagglupuss and others only semi-hate by suggesting that aba is running good. Certainly not ooziing with jealousy.

I quote Schneids from one of the threads(is he a hater too?)

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know you, I hear you're an awesome guy, but this statement is ludicrious.

Trust me when I say you're running above average the last six months.

[/ QUOTE ]

edited to add FU sponger I just spent the last 20 minutes rereading the threads. No hate! Everyone saying aba plz let me suck your balls! Snaggle puss prob semi-jokingly saying wow you're running really good! Aba being a big bitch about it and getting attention for it. Other people kind of siding with snaggle puss but certainly not hating on aba. Again FU I wanted to go to sleep plz read threads b4 you respond! Seriously quote all the "hate" you seem to pick up on that I must miss by just skimming over the posts. FU! (just to clarify b/c I am not impressed with how "hard" you read. I did not skim the threads. I read them thoroughly. PLZ quote what I must have missed.)
Old 08-18-2006, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, if you can't spot the hate in every thread that aba20 posts about his results it looks like you need to read the posts better than I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Possible, yes. Likely, no. It all totally depends on how you run when you initially make each jump in stakes. You get creamed once or twice when you move up to a new game, and it'll side track you a LOT and slow you down from moving up soooo much.

I'm not knocking aba's game at all as he surely is a top NL player. It's just, he's been fortunate enough to run good at the right times and when he does run bad (as i'm sure he has at some points, hence, why he asserts he has not ran overly well) it is at points in his transitions where his roll can handle it. Also, what he has said is his largest downswings thus far, are small in comparison to other top NL player's worst swings. Again, more evidence he has ran HOT this year.

Saying someone runs hot shouldn't be taken as a diss on them.

[censored], I'm the PPM champ. I ran hot there. OK? It's not a diss if someone says I ran hot and that helped me win it. Sure, I also played well, but I ran hot. OK.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:04 AM

Oh my [censored] god
Old 08-18-2006, 08:27 AM

This thread turned into a heated argument. That sucks.

Man, I thought I put in marathon sessions but ABA is like a damn kenyan with these marathons.

He's still sitting at the 100/200 PLO table. He's been sitting on 3/4 buyin profit for awhile, but that's still 15k, not bad.

Anybody know who triplewitch is? He made some sick nasty bluff pickoffs in the few minutes I was watching; on the river, scary boards, with one pair pickoffs. He's sitting with 6 buyins. I'm impressed.

Saying somebody runs good isn't a dis, most players can't profit and capitalize on their good runs. They don't even notice them. You still have to be a very good player to take advantage of the good runs.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It all totally depends on how you run when you initially make each jump in stakes. You get creamed once or twice when you move up to a new game, and it'll side track you a LOT and slow you down from moving up soooo much.

[/ QUOTE ]