Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2006, 10:27 AM

Default i got sexied by a slovenian

villain is one of the lesser known guys from ljublana, his stats are 30.2/22.7/2.0 4-6 handed, i havent played with him much before tonight that i can remember, but i have 3000 hands on him

early in the session, he opened and capped with 97s i think from the HJ or CO and showed it to me when i folded the turn, he seems to be pretty solid though, just a bit laggy

hes on my 1/2 6-max game too and we have been going back and forth talking friendly [censored] after semi-owning eachother

Party Poker 50.00/100.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 16.75 BB.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:33 AM

Default Re: i got sexied by a slovenian

wow, way too much action.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:39 AM

I would have called the initial flop bet, called the turn, and popped the river.

There aren't any 2nd best hands on this flop that are going to give you good action, so I would be calling the turn/river to gain the most from worse hands that might fold if you put in too much action. This also insulates you from A3/AA.

Spending this many bets postflop to fold TPTK on the river getting 16:1 on a non-scary board is horrible.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:45 AM

i'm not sure what the best line is, but i know it involves a showdown.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:01 AM

It's ok to check the river. Really.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:01 AM

I really really hate that fold.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:05 AM

I don't think his stats are remotely out of line for 4-6 handed. If those were full game stats, I guess something approaching this level of action could be justified, but as it stands, I think you went well into spew territory here.

I think your river bet here is especially bad after all that action. I generally don't miss many thin value bets on the river, but how often is he check/calling you with a worse made hand here? You already gave up the lead twice so he can't really be worried about getting raised by a hand that just beats him...better for him to just value bet even if he somehow has a made hand worse than AK and hope you were out of line with a worse made hand than him.
The fact that he's capable of some crazy plays coupled with the fact that C/R'ing is essentially the only way he can win with busted clubs at this point forces you into calling and dropping 2 more bets with a hand that'll almost never be good.

Edit: I didn't even see that you folded the river. That makes it much worse.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:11 AM

I dont think its horrible at all. A K33-board is very bluff-friendly and there are not many hand that beat you. So I like the flopraise (he wont give you much credit) and then the plan to raise the turn. When you get reraised on the turn, you have to start worrying that you are not ahead, but certainly not enough to fold.
On the river his check is very odd. Did he have a King + flushdraw (KQs)? I think its the hand that makes the most sense. He is probably not folding after all that action so I think you have to bet. But when he check-raises he is not expecting you to fold.
If he doesnt have you beat it looks like a megaspew.
I think your line is good but it takes you into big-mistake territory when you face the CR on the river. You are probably never good but the pot is huge and villain is aggro. I guess you are really never good though so I dont think its a bad fold.
Sure its best to see a showdown in situations like this but I dont think you maximize your EV by taking such a line.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a misclick, right?
Old 03-20-2006, 12:37 PM

I'm seriously considering getting a new account on Party registered in Ljubljana. I estimate it must be worth at least 1BB/100 purely from excess action from 2+2'ers [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]