Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 01:57 AM

Default Re: Rockies fans are gonna be pissed. Braun Wins ROY

[ QUOTE ]
The Rockies have been in the mlb for like 15 years and you're complaining about awards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is? My whole post at first was saying it doesn't matter no one is gonna be pissed.

I'm certainly not complaining about awards, I am saying in all sports we are used to not caring about them here.

Please quote where I was complaining about this award. I may have improperly inferred it be saying we are historically jobbed on awards here, but I never said Tulo deserved it more and I never said I am pissed about this.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what would ryan braun's stats look like if he got to play in the rockies gimmick park for half his games? looking at tulowitzki's home/away splits is like night and day

same for mvp candidate holliday. rockies players should be disqualified from eligibility for any award that takes offense into account

[/ QUOTE ]
Uhhh, isn't VORP park-adjusted? I always thought it was.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
warp is a pretty bad stat. that being said, while tulowitzki should have won the roty, it's not like choosing braun was absolutely ludicrous. sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's pretty bad. Even given debates about fielding metrics, Tulo had a total run value anywhere from 50-200% better than Braun.

[/ QUOTE ]
what would ryan braun's stats look like if he got to play in the rockies gimmick park for half his games? looking at tulowitzki's home/away splits is like night and day

same for mvp candidate holliday. rockies players should be disqualified from eligibility for any award that takes offense into account

[/ QUOTE ]

And like I said earlier, this goes even more for Phillies players right?
Old 11-13-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
TT has a .719 away OPS?!? This is what voters (who are always 2 or 3 stats behind the times, at least with respect to stat nerds) see.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
warp is a pretty bad stat. that being said, while tulowitzki should have won the roty, it's not like choosing braun was absolutely ludicrous. sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's pretty bad. Even given debates about fielding metrics, Tulo had a total run value anywhere from 50-200% better than Braun.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
using baseball reference's park factor, coors field is a good bit more offense friendly than citizens bank park

are baseball reference's park factors off?
Old 11-13-2007, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
using baseball reference's park factor, coors field is a good bit more offense friendly than citizens bank park

are baseball reference's park factors off?

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh, I was under the impression that Coors Field was no longer the offensive juggernaut field that it used to be. Maybe I'm thinking solely of HRs?

EDIT: Guess I should have said Boston.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
TT has a .719 away OPS?!? This is what voters (who are always 2 or 3 stats behind the times, at least with respect to stat nerds) see.

[/ QUOTE ]
sadly most of the voters are probably still using ba/rbi/hr, and even those look pretty bad for troy when looking at his splits
Old 11-13-2007, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Huh, I was under the impression that Coors Field was no longer the offensive juggernaut field that it used to be. Maybe I'm thinking solely of HRs?

[/ QUOTE ]
according to baseball reference coors was 109 for batting and pitching (over 100 favors batting) while citizens was 104 for batting and 103 for pitching this year. dunno how accurate their numbers are though
Old 11-13-2007, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
according to baseball reference coors was 109 for batting and pitching (over 100 favors batting) while citizens was 104 for batting and 103 for pitching this year. dunno how accurate their numbers are though

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do you have that number? I can only find the 3 year averages for 2007 (so presumably 2005-2007) and its 108 for batting at Coors and 105 for batting at Citizens Bank. Still probably a pretty significant advantage, to be sure, but I dont ever hear anyone talk about how infalted Rollins and Utleys and Howards numbers are because they play there. Ditto for ManRam and Papi.

And bear in mind, when I say "anyone" I mean typical sports fans and media, not people who actually use park-adjusted numbers and such.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Uhhh, isn't VORP park-adjusted? I always thought it was.

[/ QUOTE ]
From what I can gather, yes VORP is park adjusted.