Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 05:32 PM

Default Staking gone bad

A couple of days ago i staked my ex(yes stupid) so she could play a tournament..and we both agreed to split the winnings if either of us got any decent money..and she went and won the thing for 26k.

Then the next day the deal is off she says and she's going to keep all the money hrrm..

And the site wont split the winnings between us even though i have proof we had a deal..just wondering if that's the general opinion on all sites? No fun being burned for 13k hehe..
Old 10-04-2007, 05:40 PM

Default Re: Staking gone bad

If you have proof you had a deal, get a lawyer, it can be handled quickly. Just ask Jamie Gold.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:50 PM

Ohh how was their deal? like on real paper or? I only got msnlogs and we spoke about it on the phone :/.. dunno how that will hold up in court ..cant believe she can be such a bitch about it bah
Old 10-04-2007, 05:52 PM

You just lost 13K.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:12 PM

msnlogs might work in court if they are detailed enough. There are ways to attack them, but they're worth a try. Get an attorney who will work on a contingency if you can't afford one out of pocket. Keep in mind that if you sue her for 13k she will hate your soul. Just something to keep in mind.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:15 PM

Obviously she already hates me since she broke the deal to begin with..argh just thought it'd be easier if the site would listen and just split the payouts :/ hope somebody from another site reads this sooner or later..
Old 10-04-2007, 07:06 PM

Get a lawyer.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ohh how was their deal? like on real paper or? I only got msnlogs and we spoke about it on the phone :/.. dunno how that will hold up in court ..cant believe she can be such a bitch about it bah

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a verbal contract.

"
Neither Leyser nor his lawyer has acknowledged having a written contract with Gold. The central claim of their case relies on a voicemail message left by Gold three hours before play began at the final table."

If the site has a history of the money transfer, and you have the MSN logs, keep record of these. Make sure she knows you mean business, and that you have record of both of these things and if needed will take this further(hopefully she'll surrender here). If needed, the next step would be to contact a lawyer.

It all depends what you're willing to do for this $13,000.00.

My $.02
Old 10-04-2007, 11:27 PM

Just ask for 5k or something like that.... it's only 20%... Better than nothing at all. If she has any class at all, she should at least give you 20%...
Old 10-04-2007, 11:48 PM

Reraise her here. Say you have enough to take this further. You have msnlogs and will be contacting a lawyer.

One letter from a lawyer - villain folds.. nh