Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2006, 09:42 AM

Default 100-200 party 6max... .. what is the expert play?

100-200 6max this morning on party. Villian is 60/40/2.0 BB is 25/15/2.0. Villian has been raising non stop and has recently opened with 8To,j9,k8,33,67 and has been 3betting the same range of hands.

I am in the SB with A5o.

Two folds...Villian opens..Button folds. I 3bet out of the SB with As5c, button calls, villian calls.

Flop (5d, Qs , 3s)

I bet , bb calls, villian calls.

Turn (7s)

I bet, BB calls, villian raises... I ?

And what is my plan for the river?

Sorry for not having a hand-converter
Old 02-24-2006, 10:26 AM

Default Re: 100-200 party 6max... .. what is the expert play?

you should have check-raised the flop to possibly push the BB out of the hand.

Also, if your Ace the Spade? I am guessing it isnt. You outta fold this like clean laundry.

(note: ive only been an expert limit player since tuesday. plus i think its sort of gay)
Old 02-24-2006, 10:31 AM

PS:

OOP and holding a marginal hand, its probably better just to call here, and let him take the lead in betting. chances are you can chk-raise steal more often on the turn when you are behind, and will let him bluff off bets.

Dont forget to use the chat box to throw him off his game. Before you call, say something like "Im putting a few chips in here Doc, but I DONT believe you have a strong hand".
Old 02-24-2006, 10:34 AM

What you do here depend a lot on your read. The standard play would be to just call.

For it to be correct to 3 bet here you have to know more about the villains turn play and his view on you and the bb. If he is usually very agressive on the turn and he might do this with something like a weak pair and a spade or just the Ks you should be more likely to 3 bet.

The most likely hand for the bb is probably something like a mid pair or AT, AJ with T or J of spades. How do you think 3 betting will decrease his range? Will he fold mid pair with a spade draw?

You have to provide a lot more info in order to come anywhere near an expert play in a situation like this. Without any further information I'd say your best option is to call and reconsider on the river. If you improve I'd bet out on the river, if you don't I would check and consider calling a bet from the villain.

I think getting to a showdown is important, unless you have more information about the villains post flop play, then what you provide here.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What you do here depend a lot on your read. The standard play would be to just call.

For it to be correct to 3 bet here you have to know more about the villains turn play and his view on you and the bb. If he is usually very agressive on the turn and he might do this with something like a weak pair and a spade or just the Ks you should be more likely to 3 bet.

The most likely hand for the bb is probably something like a mid pair or AT, AJ with T or J of spades. How do you think 3 betting will decrease his range? Will he fold mid pair with a spade draw?

You have to provide a lot more info in order to come anywhere near an expert play in a situation like this. Without any further information I'd say your best option is to call and reconsider on the river. If you improve I'd bet out on the river, if you don't I would check and consider calling a bet from the villain.

I think getting to a showdown is important, unless you have more information about the villains post flop play, then what you provide here.

[/ QUOTE ]

More info... The villian has been playing very fast on the flop and turn and is always willing to put in a raise when he picks up a draw.... he is also willing to bluff raise river but does not bet/3bet river without the nuts... My table image is VERY solid at this point with most people staying out of my way except for the villian.. my stats for the session are about 20/15/3.0 I think there is a good chance bb has a middle pair..
Old 02-24-2006, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you should have check-raised the flop to possibly push the BB out of the hand.

Also, if your Ace the Spade? I am guessing it isnt. You outta fold this like clean laundry.

(note: ive only been an expert limit player since tuesday. plus i think its sort of gay)

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the ace of spades as mentioned in the first thread. If i didnt have the A of spades i would not be posting this hand.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:02 AM

Do you think he would cap turn with anything but a made flush? If not I guess this is a turn 3 bet with the read you provided. If bb folds, villain calls and the river comes a blank I would check and consider calling. If the river improves you I would just keep betting. Check-raising a spade river is an option, but if he might be sick enough to bluff raise the river then you should give him a chance to do so.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villian is 60/40/2.0

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Dont forget to use the chat box to throw him off his game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, then he'll be playing really loose!
Old 02-24-2006, 10:15 PM

3-bet and check-call if no spade comes on the river.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3-bet and check-call if no spade comes on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that is the expert play.