Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 07:00 PM

Default Re: Driving Range Hero

Relative to my preformance on an actual course, I'm frickin superman at the range.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:40 PM

Apart from simply liking hitting off grass better, I get so much more out of practicing on a grass range because with so much of my swing issues being swing path looking at the path of my divot is extremely valuable. Plus, I can never find a mat tee that tees it up like I like it. And gripping and ripping it is fun.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Apart from simply liking hitting off grass better, I get so much more out of practicing on a grass range because with so much of my swing issues being swing path looking at the path of my divot is extremely valuable. Plus, I can never find a mat tee that tees it up like I like it. And gripping and ripping it is fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Grass ranges in PDX? I know of Heron Lakes and Trails End...are there others? I'm sure there are a couple of courses that I haven't played yet that have them.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:45 PM

Haven't read most of the responses but if you go to the driving range and beat balls without some sort of feedback device you're wasting your time.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:04 PM

What works for me is mentally playing a round of golf while at the range. After warming up I picture the first hole of the course I am "playing" and I hit my teeshot, watch it and come up with what your second shot would be and hit it and so on. I have found that this makes me concentrate more and simulates course conditions much more closely. Also since I started doing this going to the range is less boring.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Haven't read most of the responses but if you go to the driving range and beat balls without some sort of feedback device you're wasting your time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-09-2007, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What works for me is mentally playing a round of golf while at the range. After warming up I picture the first hole of the course I am "playing" and I hit my teeshot, watch it and come up with what your second shot would be and hit it and so on. I have found that this makes me concentrate more and simulates course conditions much more closely. Also since I started doing this going to the range is less boring.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good idea, the problem however is that i have absolutely no idea from where i will hit my second shot