Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 07:08 PM

Default Re: President\'s Cup

[ QUOTE ]
you are downplaying the match simply because weir won. everyone knew that for all intents and purposes, the cup was decided before the day even started. This match was the only thing canadians/weir fans was looking forward too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya I mean, I for one couldn't get to sleep the night before because I was so excited for this epic battle.

[ QUOTE ]

as for johnny miller's comment about that being the biggest putt of his career, that was ridiculous. It certainly was a huge match and a huge putt, but it isn't even in the same zip as a masters victory.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're contradicting your own argument.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no i'm not, it is the freaking president's cup on national TV. every single one of those guys (tiger x100) wants to win their match. Tiger didn't hit his ball in the water because he didn't care. He just got beat....although rare, it does in fact happen.

i said it isn't in the same zip code as the masters victory, which is true. That doesn't mean it wasn't big. it is just damned annoying this "well obviously tiger didn't try" attitude. HE GOT BEAT
Old 10-05-2007, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no i'm not, it is the freaking president's cup on national TV. every single one of those guys (tiger x100) wants to win their match. Tiger didn't hit his ball in the water because he didn't care. He just got beat....although rare, it does in fact happen.

i said it isn't in the same zip code as the masters victory, which is true. That doesn't mean it wasn't big. it is just damned annoying this "well obviously tiger didn't try" attitude. HE GOT BEAT

[/ QUOTE ]

Tiger cared. if that was ever in question, it was answered when the announcers said that Tiger declined their offer to say a few words after the match. WTF. His team wins and he doesn't want to talk? he doesn't want to talk about the drive on 18, that's what he doesn't want to talk about.

Also, I am a Tiger fan, but was suprised he declined to speak. Made him look like his match was more important than the American win???
Old 10-06-2007, 09:35 PM

i went