Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2007, 02:53 PM

Default Re: fascinating AIdol reading

doh! i think i missed last paragraph.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
where is is negative about taylor?

[/ QUOTE ]

wouldn't do the song they had for him. wanted a new one written... i'm negatively biased, i thought he was marginally talented (being generous?) doofus. and struck me as an A-hole. i realize that's quite a bit for me to surmise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought they were being very positive about Taylor with that. Taylor mostly sucked, but if he pushed back against the producer's crap, good for him.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:29 AM

Is there anyone out there who really thinks SRP sees every single person who auditions? I never thought that for a second.

And by now, if you don't know what you're getting into by auditioning then that's just ignorant.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:38 PM

Also I disagree that they are cutting lots of amazing singers. I think they cut lots of very good singers, but rarely any incredibly great ones. At least thats what it seemed from my short time in the giant cattle call room. They do definitely let through some really terrible singers.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also I disagree that they are cutting lots of amazing singers. I think they cut lots of very good singers, but rarely any incredibly great ones. At least thats what it seemed from my short time in the giant cattle call room. They do definitely let through some really terrible singers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've auditioned a few times, and I have seen them cut some very very good singers in the opening cattle call. Maybe not amazing (don't want to get into a semantics argument though) but still excellent. I will say that I watched dozens of people cut who were at least as good as most of the remaining top 16, along with countless other top 24 contestants from past seasons.
Let's be honest, are the 24 people they took this year really the BEST 24 singers out of 100,000 they could find??

To get past that first round you not only have to be great but also something about you has to really stick out.
There really is a lot of luck involved. Who you sing for, what they're looking for that day, etc. It's very possible (probable) that before each audition, the producers let all they pa's know what types they have enough of and what types they still need to fill the quota for.

I would compare the cattle call to playing in a big poker tournament. If you're good and prepared, it increases your chances, but there are still a lot of uncontrollable factors.

I've auditioned 3 times, and the 1 time I went through I can honestly say that it was my worst performance of the 3.Also, it's been my experience that it is much much easier to get chosen if you go to the first audition city. I remember auditioning once in the last city (San Fran in season 4) and they were seriously not taking ANYONE, because once you've seen your one millionth large black chick singing Alicia Keys "Fallin'" they don't stick out anymore, even if they're good.