Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2007, 09:08 AM

Default Re: Was Jesus plagiarized from the Egyptian god Horus?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Muhammed has a billion followers. What you must ask yourself is: what is so different about Muhammed that his teaching would supplant Jesus in the eyes of a billion people?

Praise Jesus for Islam. It cuts through so many of your [censored] arguments so effectively.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another A+

[/ QUOTE ]
On the surface, I suppose. What you must ask yourself about Islam is how did it grow? Was it by force? (Yes) Did its founder gain material wealth and/or fame by its growth? (Yes) Do these same things apply to the growth of Christianity in the first century? (No)

You're not comparing apples to apples.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Muhammed has a billion followers. What you must ask yourself is: what is so different about Muhammed that his teaching would supplant Jesus in the eyes of a billion people?

Praise Jesus for Islam. It cuts through so many of your [censored] arguments so effectively.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another A+

[/ QUOTE ]
On the surface, I suppose. What you must ask yourself about Islam is how did it grow? Was it by force? (Yes) Did its founder gain material wealth and/or fame by its growth? (Yes) Do these same things apply to the growth of Christianity in the first century? (No)

You're not comparing apples to apples.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't the perceived assistance towards force, control, and wealth the reason (and method) that the early Christain cult was un-naturally and deliberately propogated across the Roman Empire around 300AD?
Old 03-27-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope that is not just an excuse to avoid thinking about my reactions to your Carrier link. Is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not an excuse. I haven't given more then cursory glance at your post. As I said, I lose interest sometimes. One can only bang their head against a wall so many times before they get dizzy. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

If work gets real slow and I have a chance then I may delve into your post. Unfortunately, at the moment, my job is making me do a lot of work. So my posting has dropped dramatically all around.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

More importantly, none of these are relevent to the truth of either religion. A faith can propagate simply because the flock likes the message. Truth has little bearing on its popularity.

You then attempt to dismiss Islam using reasons that have no correlation on truth.

Let's pretend that everyone who follows Islam does so by force (of course they don't, but just for fun, let's pretend)... Does that have any bearing on its truth?
YES/NO